Render while you edit!

Giddyfish

SAAAAAAAAAARCASM!
Or edit while you render, whichever way you want to put it :)

I feel as though it would save time if, while you were rendering a video, you started editing another one! Especially if the rendering process takes hours, that way you won't have to sit and wait for it to finish!

I thought this idea up just then so I'm not sure whether it would cause any issues but I wouldn't think so!

Correct me if wrong everyone but if using Premiere to render/export, you can't edit while doing that unless you have a another computer set up and use one to render? Could be wrong but yes, would be extremely useful to edit while everything else renders!

Correct me if wrong everyone but if using Premiere to render/export, you can't edit while doing that unless you have a another computer set up and use one to render? Could be wrong but yes, would be extremely useful to edit while everything else renders!
It was mainly addressed to Sony Vegas users, but yeah, I should have looked into whether it works with other softwares or not :)

I was always afraid it would mess it up but I guess if it works for others its worth a shot

If you work with Adobe Premiere you can export with Adobe Media Encoder which allows you to continue using Premiere.
So you can do it with Premiere? Good to know! That's more people who are able to use this handy trick then! :D

Back