READ THIS before joining an MCN

GamersName

String_not_found
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
That´s a different story. What countries, btw?
3rd world countries mainly, like mine etc. :) Don't have list where specificly it is not available by default. I think very few countries have monetization enable option in their channel settings now.

Splinter

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Personally, I think that sacrificing half a dollar or so a month is definitely worth the price for me. Anyways, I guess everyone has their own separate opinion on the matter.
For someone who doesn´t care about money or freedom, it´s probably worth it.[DOUBLEPOST=1425046224,1425045912][/DOUBLEPOST]
3rd world countries mainly, like mine etc. :) Don't have list where specificly it is not available by default. I think very few countries have monetization enable option in their channel settings now.
What do you mean?

GamersName

String_not_found
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
What do you mean?
I mean that many are left outside of this for mcns to grab them. By old news only 20 countries has this monetization option available in channel settings, things might have changed slightly since then.

Tarmack

Rhetorical Porcupine
Reaction score
losing your Adsense account?
You've mentioned this a couple of times in this thread. You do realize that when you partner with an MCN, your Adsense account is merely unlinked from the channel? You don't lose the account. In fact, since you're only ever allowed to have one Adsense account, letting the MCN take the "risk" with their Adsense account is actually one of the minor unspoken benefits of being partnered. Get your Adsense account blocked while you're on your own and that YouTube account will never monetize again.

Splinter

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
You've mentioned this a couple of times in this thread. You do realize that when you partner with an MCN, your Adsense account is merely unlinked from the channel? You don't lose the account. In fact, since you're only ever allowed to have one Adsense account, letting the MCN take the "risk" with their Adsense account is actually one of the minor unspoken benefits of being partnered. Get your Adsense account blocked while you're on your own and that YouTube account will never monetize again.
I do realize that. I also realize that you can still lose the privilege of monetizing your videos, either by being flagged by Youtube or by being associated to any banned Adsense account, including the MCN´s Adsense account, wich, BTW, can also be banned.

So, let me see if i got this right.

- You give away a % of your earnings

-You lose your freedom, due to contract obligations

- You risk not being paid, since dealing with a MCN is never as reliable as dealing with Google directly

And all this for what? For "tools" you can find for free somewhere else? It doesn´t seem a great deal to me. I might be wrong though.

Lightsen

Animation Yey!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
I do realize that. I also realize that you can still lose the privilege of monetizing your videos, either by being flagged by Youtube or by being associated to any banned Adsense account, including the MCN´s Adsense account, wich, BTW, can also be banned.

So, let me see if i got this right.

- You give away a % of your earnings

-You lose your freedom, due to contract obligations

- You risk not being paid, since dealing with a MCN is never as reliable as dealing with Google directly

And all this for what? For "tools" you can find for free somewhere else? It doesn´t seem a great deal to me. I might be wrong though.
Possibly a benefit for niche' channels, I was approached by an animation only network which I may have considered If I needed the audience. Since I had more subs than the network it wasn't worth my time, but if I was just starting out it might have been a good idea to start to build a sub base form likeminded people.

But I agree with what you said, to me anyways, I don't see much benefit.

Gabriel

YouTube Addict
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
lol this is like the 500th thread I've seen since I joined yttalk that's about 'read this before joining a network' :whistling2::tonguecute:

Reactions: RBG

Lightsen

Animation Yey!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
lol this is like the 500th thread I've seen since I joined yttalk that's about 'read this before joining a network' :whistling2::tonguecute:
and there's god reason for that. literally almost everyone has been approached by a network rep on youtube, and so there will always be people joining networks, some that work, and some that come on here and ask for help to leave one they hate.

radex78

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
You can't actually monetize videos by default in some countries without joining mcn or getting partnership invitation from YouTube.
Joining mcn network all videos eligible to monetized , except match thrid party content , but channel must good standing