Quick photoshop help

kiawill

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Hi guys I am trying to add the below thumb into my video but when I import it to final cut the thumb has a white background. But in PS it doesn't?

Ang suggestions?

Thanks

Last edited:

ItsJustJames

Releasing my inner child since 2016
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hey,

Not all file types support transparency. I presume you're exporting as JPEG? Sadly this doesn't retain the necessary codec information for opacity. Export as a PNG instead and you'll be rocking.

Good luck!
James.

Reactions: kiawill

kiawill

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Hey,

Not all file types support transparency. I presume you're exporting as JPEG? Sadly this doesn't retain the necessary codec information for opacity. Export as a PNG instead and you'll be rocking.

Good luck!
James.
Hi

Now it has a black background lol

ItsJustJames

Releasing my inner child since 2016
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Within Photoshop make sure you rasterize the layer. Do this by right clicking on the layer in question and selecting 'rasterize'. Now try exporting as PNG again and import. If that fails, import the whole Photoshop file straight into Final Cut. To much surprise, Apple's Final Cut works well with raw Photoshop files. You might have better luck retaining transparency that way.

Sorry I am not a Mac fan so it's a bit of a shady area!

James.

CramBeats

Idiot who makes music
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
when you save for web select PNG and make sure the box that says transperency (right under the selection) is ticked. if not look at the other settings in the save window

RedFox

YTTalk's Fox
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Commentator
I'm not sure how Final Cut does things but in Vegas it would need its own "track", if you just dragged it onto a video it wouldn't work, you would need to add a Video Track and put it there (you could also put others on the track, just so long as it doesn't overlap), maybe Final Cut might be the same?

kiawill

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
I'm still struggling to do this guys, what can I type into youtube to bring up a tutorial?

Djopat Rey

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey if you just put the photoshop file into the editor then you should be good