Question!!!!

How is putting a video on YouTube and a video on Facebook any different?
You didn't say putting videos on Facebook. You said sharing them with the share button.

& Videos on Facebook still get taken down from copyright.

You didn't say putting videos on Facebook. You said sharing them with the share button.

& Videos on Facebook still get taken down from copyright.

So Sony is going to allow us to upload videos of gameplay that will just get taken down. That doesn't make much sense.

So Sony is going to allow us to upload videos of gameplay that will just get taken down. That doesn't make much sense.
I don't think you are understanding it. You CANNOT upload content you do not have the rights/licenses to. Just because Sony gives you the ability to upload gameplay videos does not mean you have the right to upload them. If you have the rights/licenses for the content, you can upload them. If not, you will get flagged and might get a copyright strike.

You are able to upload gameplay videos on your laptop, same feature as Sony is including with the PS4. Still does not change the fact that you cannot upload content you do not own the rights to.

I don't think you are understanding it. You CANNOT upload content you do not have the rights/licenses to. Just because Sony gives you the ability to upload gameplay videos does not mean you have the right to upload them. If you have the rights/licenses for the content, you can upload them. If not, you will get flagged and might get a copyright strike.

You are able to upload gameplay videos on your laptop, same feature as Sony is including with the PS4. Still does not change the fact that you cannot upload content you do not own the rights to.

I understand perfectly. My point is why give us a feature that we can't legally use?

I understand perfectly. My point is why give us a feature that we can't legally use?
Like I said before, you can already do this on the computer. What makes it different that they include this with the PS4? It's the exact same thing. You CANNOT upload content you do not have the rights to. If you have the rights/licenses you can upload videos of the game.

Like I said before, you can already do this on the computer. What makes it different that they include this with the PS4? It's the exact same thing. You CANNOT upload content you do not have the rights to. If you have the rights/licenses you can upload videos of the game.

The difference is that the PS4 is solely a game machine. (Well, you can watch movies too, but there's no option to upload that) whereas a PC isn't.

The difference is that the PS4 is solely a game machine. (Well, you can watch movies too, but there's no option to upload that) whereas a PC isn't.
What does the PS4 being a game machine has anything to do with copyright?

I'm done telling you the same thing. You CANNOT upload content you do not own the rights to. Being able to upload straight from the PS4 does not change that.

What does the PS4 being a game machine has anything to do with copyright?

I'm done telling you the same thing. You CANNOT upload content you do not own the rights to. Being able to upload straight from the PS4 does not change that.

I get this. My point is every game is copyright. Sony has added a useless feature that nobody can take advantage of. "Hey, here's the ability to upload games, but you can't, because you'll get in trouble. Hopefully we got you to buy our product before finding out you can't do this."

I get this. My point is every game is copyright. Sony has added a useless feature that nobody can take advantage of. "Hey, here's the ability to upload games, but you can't, because you'll get in trouble. Hopefully we got you to buy our product before finding out you can't do this."
And as I said before.. You need to have the rights to the game. Once you get the rights, you can upload the videos. Sony has nothing to do with what rights you do/do not own.

According to your argument, a car can go faster than 100 mph, but if you were to go that fast, you would get in trouble. So why would they let the car go that fast if most speed limits don't allow you to go that fast?

Back