paulpyro

Hey everyone, my name is Paul Pyro and I am a DIY YouTube Partner. I have been filming and editing for over 2.5 years and have built up a small but incredibly amazing group of subscribers. (2,300+) YouTube is just picking up for me and I am starting to get thousands of views a day, but my question is:

How do you balance work/school and YouTube?

I started Electrical Engineering and balancing the two is tough. I like uploading once a week but now I can barely upload once a month. How do you guys and gals balance school/work and YouTube? And would I have to sacrifice one for the other?

Well brother, I am also Electrical Engineering student, I maintain my schedule like I record many videos everyday, and I edit them on weekend so that I get time just for uploading everyday. Recording takes only an hour, so I can maintain recording and College work everyday :)
You don't have to sacrifice, just take out few minutes of recording your video, and edit them only on weekends :)

If your schedule these days is too tight to make the kind of videos you used to make then don't make those kinds of videos anymore.

Maybe try and think of a new type of video that you can make and edit in the time that you have.
School is important and expensive so if you're going to attend, that should probably be the priority.

I'm also in the same boat. I'm floating between not having videos up for weeks at a time or falling behind in schoolwork. But finishes for me in 6 weeks and then i can start tackling that massive backlog of editing, haha.

Wether, I am also Electrical Engineering student, I maintain my schedule like I record many videos everyday, and I edit them on weekend so that I get time just for uploading everyday. Recording takes only an hour, so I can maintain recording and College work everyday :)
You don't have to sacrifice, just take out few minutes of recording your video, and edit them only on weekends :)
Thank you! And I will try that, my only difficulty is I work weekends. But I will try and find more time. Thanks again!

Make a schedule for yourself and record whenever you can same with editing :) I am taking animation right now and I also work part-time so I been trying to balance everything by editing after college and before work also sometimes when I have nothing to do in college I edit in college too.

Organizing your time and working out a concrete schedule can help a lot. You can be as specific as "will do x from 1-2pm, y from 3-5pm, etc," to "will do x,y,z on w date," or something like that. Find out what is absolutely important and what you can't drop. (Classes, homework, etc) and things that are not as important so you can have them be more laid back (TV, games, etc). Work out about how much time you need for each thing you need to do. Manage your time to be as efficient as possible, and you'll definitely find some spare time for YouTube videos :)

Best of luck!

Put your education first and only work on videos in your spare time. This can be difficult but you don't want your youtube to ruin your education. A Monthly upload is fine, makes your videos special and worth looking forward to :)

I'm at college for about 8 hours on weekdays and then work from about 4pm to 10pm six days a week.
So my time is pretty short but my schedule usually allows a bit on this forums and when I get home I work on a video for about 2 hours.

I guess the best motivation to have is the feeling of when you complete a video. At least for me :)

Although to find a new topic is pretty taxing. Especially since i'm such a picky person lol :p

Make a schedule for yourself and record whenever you can same with editing :) I am taking animation right now and I also work part-time so I been trying to balance everything by editing after college and before work also sometimes when I have nothing to do in college I edit in college too.
Thank you very much! :)

I'm at college for about 8 hours on weekdays and then work from about 4pm to 10pm six days a week.
So my time is pretty short but my schedule usually allows a bit on this forums and when I get home I work on a video for about 2 hours.

I guess the best motivation to have is the feeling of when you complete a video. At least for me :)

Although to find a new topic is pretty taxing. Especially since i'm such a picky person lol :p
I agree, I am very motivated when I finish videos. I better just hold tight and continue as hard as I can :) Thanks again!

Back