question regarding why the worst videos get attention?

magentawitch

Reaction score
Videos of mine like that are actually interesting like for example i have a huge macaw parrot that just starts dancing when i put on music. another bird of mine starts talking and dancing or my cats acting total fools. Those videos get ignored and a video i took of some pigeons gets 20 thousand views? lol HOw does that stuff happen? Someone told me to delete some videos and then re add them during a good peak time? Right now i have around2k subs. I have not gone for monitization yet as i wanna grow more and start vlogging before i do that.

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I'm learning that it's how the Internet seems to work -- the videos that I start doubting whether or not I should even bother to post them because I think they are kind of terrible tend to do the best lol... I wouldn't delete and re-upload stuff, though. I'd just keep making new content and try to figure out what works and what doesn't work by experimenting with different video types and styles. :)

Reactions: Jungle Explorer
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Comedian
I'll let you know when I have my first successful video lol. I honestly don't know when it comes to your specific situation

Jungle Explorer

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
I have never figured it out. One of my all-time best performing videos is probably the worst video I have ever made. It was the video that launched my channel and got YT begging to partner with me. I never aspired to be a youtube and turned YT down for two years before finally accepting because I got tired of their constant begging. I started a thread on here years ago trying to figure out what the magic formula of that video was. The best experts on this forum studied it and no one could ever figure it out. Today I make content that is a 10,000% better than that video and they will never even come close to the popularity of that video that is still getting thousands of views a month after eight years.

Some mysteries cannot be solved.

cy's escapes

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
It's always fascinating to me what resonates or seems to get more traction / views and what doesn't. Like others said, I'm still trying to figure it out and probably will never lol.