QUESTION: Mysterious Disappearing Analytics Screen

RidingWithStymie

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey friends! Yesterday I opened my Channel Analytics tab & discovered some new changes to the screen that I really liked. I'm so glad I made a screen shot of it, because now it's gone! How do I get it back? (See screen shot)

Could this be a TubeBuddy feature I accidentally turned on & off? Was YT experimenting with a new/unfinished feature?

You'll notice it presents a quick way to compare how my channel is doing so far this week with last week's stats. I really like that.

Any help will be muy apreciado!

-Stymie

Attachments

RidingWithStymie

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hoping I can drive this back to the top. I just want someone to tell me - Has anyone else even seen this in analytics? I know I'm not losing my mind. I have the screen shot to prove it. Or maybe I am losing my mind and I'm hallucinating the screen shot lol!

Nic Kayless

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
The exact same thing happened to me! I got on around 12pm today and saw the same screen that you did. I thought it was so cool. I'd been kind of down lately thinking my channel wasn't growing fast enough with how the Analytics page shows it to me. But then I saw that screen and it really changed my whole mood. The way they framed it (you're 400% (or whatever it was ) above your views of last week) made me see that I was growing, even if it didn't feel like it. I loved the new layout and was really excited. I ate lunch, came back to check the page, and it was back to the old way. I didn't change anything at all, I just refreshed the page.

Sadly, I have no idea what happened, but I hope it comes back. They've been asking a lot of questions lately when I use YouTube. Like "do you understand the analytics?" "Do you think it's helpful?" and so on. So maybe this is them trying new things, updating the old layout. I just hope it returns. I loved the new layout and I spent a long time today trying to get it back. So I totally feel ya, man. So glad I'm not the only one who saw this.

Reactions: RidingWithStymie

RidingWithStymie

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
Thank you guys for your feedback! Maybe they are pushing this feature out to see if people interact with it. Maybe they have a bot trying to judge people's reactions to it.

I've been wanting to see options for tracking growth on a weekly basis, so I just hope they ultimately incorporate that somewhere in analytics. While I like YT Analytics overall, it is kinda limited considering how much data they have in their databases. And the interface needs improvement. Have you ever tried the bar graphs? Very lame.

Thanks again.

Reactions: Nic Kayless

Nic Kayless

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
Thank you guys for your feedback! Maybe they are pushing this feature out to see if people interact with it. Maybe they have a bot trying to judge people's reactions to it.

I've been wanting to see options for tracking growth on a weekly basis, so I just hope they ultimately incorporate that somewhere in analytics. While I like YT Analytics overall, it is kinda limited considering how much data they have in their databases. And the interface needs improvement. Have you ever tried the bar graphs? Very lame.

Thanks again.
Yeah, I agree. I really liked this new page, so I hope they give you the option to opt in to it or something. It was a nice way to see how I'd improved week to week. I also agree about improving the interface. I often feel like there is a lot of data there, but the way they lay it out just confuses me and I'm never really sure what to do with all of it.

RidingWithStymie

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
Like "How many people visit my channel homepage?" Basic info like this should be made available, and I have no doubt it will be in the future.