Question about copyright strike (Machinima)

faXcooL

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Musician, Other
Hi guys,
I been searching around and it seems that you are the only one who can help me out finding the right anwser.
Problem : video has been uploaded 8 months ago with matched third party content which I acknowledged. I became a partner 3 motnhs ago. That (music) video has been online since September and everything was fine until now. On May 30th I recieved a copyright strike on my channel. Meanwhile, I sent an e-mail about it to Machinima's copyright team and also to the claimant ((BPI - (British Recorder Music Industry) Limited).
While I'm waiting for them to reply, I want to ask you one simple question : will I be able to earn money for other uploaded and monetized videos? Note that my account isn't in good standing anymore.
So if anyone has experienced the same thing I would like to share your experience. I read that I shall wait 6 months before I get a "clean" status, but I need to know will I be able to earn some cash during this summer or shall I wait till November.
Thanks in advance.

Copyright strike.png

Lanorc

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
To be honost, youtube is quite messed up with copyright.. i used home made music and all my own vids, yet also got it.. i dont know if i should get rid of it or not hehe.
What you can do is try to reupload it and see what happends :)

UltimateKirbyBoi

Certified Sorta Cool Guy
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director, Comedian
You're with Machinima eh?

Well, I think that you should just let them deal with it. I believe they have ways to help you take care of this.
However if you were simply partnered with YouTube, I can tell you that you won't be getting any money! lol

Sorry, but copyright strikes are a pain in the a**e.

Lanorc

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
You're with Machinima eh?

Well, I think that you should just let them deal with it. I believe they have ways to help you take care of this.
However if you were simply partnered with YouTube, I can tell you that you won't be getting any money! lol

Sorry, but copyright strikes are a pain in the a**e.
i wish i could be with machinima D:

faXcooL

Reaction score
Channel Type
Thanx for the quick reply.
On the first place it wouldn't be so confusing if I have gotten a strike for some video that I have uploaded after I became a partner. But this was a video uploaded 5 months before I signed a partnership.
Since I got partnered I haven't uploaded anything with matched third party content or such. Every video is copyright clean which means I have followed the rules that I accepted while I was signing a contract.

UltimateKirbyBoi

Certified Sorta Cool Guy
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director, Comedian
i wish i could be with machinima D:
Honestly machinima ain't that great, there are tons of stories where channels are locked into a machinima contract and couldn't get out.[DOUBLEPOST=1370206040,1370205949][/DOUBLEPOST]
Thanx for the quick reply.
On the first place it wouldn't be so confusing if I have gotten a strike for some video that I have uploaded after I became a partner. But this was a video uploaded 5 months before I signed a partnership.
Since I got partnered I haven't uploaded anything with matched third party content or such. Every video is copyright clean which means I have followed the rules that I accepted while I was signing a contract.
You are still responsible for everything that you have ever uploaded. The copyright holders will now be on extra alert mode because you are EARNING MONEY off of THEIR STUFF. Before you signed the contract to become a partner, you should have made sure that you have not copyright infringing material on your channel. That way you would be safe from the EXTRA ALERT MODE!

faXcooL

Reaction score
Channel Type
You see, that's exactly the problem. That video hasn't even been monetized. It couldn't be even if I wanted to because of "Matched third party content".
In the other words, I didn't get any money for the video I uploaded.

Ominous

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
You see, that's exactly the problem. That video hasn't even been monetized. It couldn't be even if I wanted to because of "Matched third party content".
In the other words, I didn't get any money for the video I uploaded.
What does monetization have to do with anything? :confused:

Did you use copyrighted content? I'm assuming yes, because in your OP you said

video has been uploaded 8 months ago with matched third party content which I acknowledged.
Whoever owns the copyrighted content you "acknowledge" using has decided to remove your video, and in doing so gave you a strike.

I highly doubt it matters whether you uploaded it before or after partnering.

I'm pretty sure most networks have a zero tolerance rule on copyrighted content, this may even end up making you lose your partnership. I don't know what else to tell you... Good luck.

alakazam

Dracula's hobbit
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Make an appeal and see how it goes. I'm sorry to say, but it is possible that Machinima will un-partner you.

faXcooL

Reaction score
Channel Type
Make an appeal and see how it goes. I'm sorry to say, but it is possible that Machinima will un-partner you.
I don't think it could end up well. I'll wait for support team to anwser and see what do they suggest about appeal.

I highly doubt it matters whether you uploaded it before or after partnering.

I'm pretty sure most networks have a zero tolerance rule on copyrighted content, this may even end up making you lose your partnership.

Well I thought that too, but why did they accept my partnership request on the first place? They checked my account before I got in.
By the way, I sent request to Machinima, FullScreen, SocialBlade, TGN and some other smaller networks and I was able to pick whichever I wanted to except FullScreen, they have rejected me because of copyright.

Thanks for reply btw :up:

PS : I forgot to mention : there is a bunch of re-uploads of the same tune that I uploaded and all the videos are still up and running.