Question about auto-generated closed captions

bogdanm

Reaction score
So here is how the story goes. I downloaded a video because I really liked it. It was filled with hot girls and good music. The problem was that the person who uploaded got hit with copyright infringement from YT. Time has passed i still had the video and one of the few videos i had on my computer, but forgot it go copyright infringement. Monetization and stuff like that was not the objective as it was a music video I was just testing how to upload a video and be able to turn on the English verse transcription. But i couldn`t it just doesn`t show up. Yes, the video got hit with the copyright infringement but I tried to upload other videos music with a picture the goal was to have YT transcribe the English language automatically. It didn`t it allowed me only to do it manually but I need to do the transcription automatically SO HOW CAN I DO THAT?
How can I make youtube allow me to transcribe music verses and other audio files?
Thanks a lot in advance,

opbmedia

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Guru
It's hard for the auto transcription to work if there is music playing and the vocal track level is not high enough. Try upload a video without music, with the vocal track's volume high enough (peaking between -3 to -6dB and see if it still doesn't work.

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Moved to the recording / editing / production / software / hardware forum. :)

bogdanm

Reaction score
It's hard for the auto transcription to work if there is music playing and the vocal track level is not high enough. Try upload a video without music, with the vocal track's volume high enough (peaking between -3 to -6dB and see if it still doesn't work.
Hello, Thanks a lot for the very fast reply. Do you think Youtube Transcriber and Google Speech to text are using the same technology and are not able to transcribe to text songs?

opbmedia

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Guru
I don't know about the technology, but likely it's shared if not the same. But recognizing text from sound rely on being able to parse out voice patterns, so the less background the easier. Sometimes when a recording/sound file only contains voice, but the volumn/level is low enough, it still would not be transcribed. Try a few different files you should be able to see if it relates to the voice volume.

bogdanm

Reaction score
Hy, It still doesn`t work the video has a small song in the beginning but here are the options that are it`s showing me the problem is that I had 1 video hit with copyright infringement is the maybe why i can`t use the transcribe functions?

Last edited by a moderator: