Providing youtube with written permission

jeffrey

Well-Known Member
Hi,

I have written permission for some of my videos and others I have verbally been told I can get written permission when I need it.

I have never used the new monetization settings when uploading the video.

Does youtube ask for the written permission, or is it just a caution saying they may ask in the future?

How long does it take them to ask for it? If tens of thousands of videos all say they have written permission how do they check them all?

Please let me know. 1) if they actually do ask for it 2)how long does it take them to ask 3)how can they ask for so many and verify

I have got all the ones so far but i'm wondering if I can just wait to get hem whenever I actually need it

Thank you@
 
Hi,

I have written permission for some of my videos and others I have verbally been told I can get written permission when I need it.

I have never used the new monetization settings when uploading the video.

Does youtube ask for the written permission, or is it just a caution saying they may ask in the future?

How long does it take them to ask for it? If tens of thousands of videos all say they have written permission how do they check them all?

Please let me know. 1) if they actually do ask for it 2)how long does it take them to ask 3)how can they ask for so many and verify

I have got all the ones so far but i'm wondering if I can just wait to get hem whenever I actually need it

Thank you@

Everyone of your videos are run through a content ID System, if your videos haven't been claimed on upload, then more than likely YouTube won't ask for written permission, if any of your videos do get claimed, you dispute it and show them your written permission. :)
 
Everyone of your videos are run through a content ID System, if your videos haven't been claimed on upload, then more than likely YouTube won't ask for written permission, if any of your videos do get claimed, you dispute it and show them your written permission. :)

Thank you!!

1. Is there a way I can see if they have been claimed.

2. If I upload and monetize a video without written permission and they get dispute does that count as a strike? (like what if I say written permission (since I can get it) , will I get a strike or have the chance to take the video down/send in written permission).

3. do you no the time frame this all takes to happen
 
You should see "Matched 3rd Party" beside your video in your video manager like this:

claim.jpg

Where it says "Acknowledged" on my video for me it should say Matched for you if the video has a claim, you should also get an e-mail from YouTube if your video has been claimed, the reason it says that for me is because I am aware that the content is copyrighted and acknowledged it.
 
You should see "Matched 3rd Party" beside your video in your video manager like this:

View attachment 20693

Where it says "Acknowledged" on my video for me it should say Matched for you if the video has a claim, you should also get an e-mail from YouTube if your video has been claimed, the reason it says that for me is because I am aware that the content is copyrighted and acknowledged it.

I just did it for 4 videos and within an hour all 4 requested additional information? Is it always going to be like this. it says I have 14 days and just contacted for permission but may not get a reply in that time....

is this what happens everytime?
 
Back
Top