Programs for Thumbnail Creation

Hello, friends! First let me say I apologize if this isn't in the correct spot. I wasn't sure whether or not I should put it here or in branding.

I wanted to know what program you all used to create thumbnails. I'm NOT GOOD at photo editing at all, and I usually use Ribbet by the end of things because I just get frustrated and give up. I have no idea how to use Photoshop or any of the fancy photo editors.

So, essentially, if you have any methods or tips for creating thumbnails for dummies, please share!
I use photoshop, I'm fairly good at it now, but when I first started, I had to look stuff up on how to do it, and eventually you'll figure out the flow of Photoshop. As long as you can type up in words what it is ur looking to do with your thumbnail you can usually find a quick article or video on how to do it. I usually take a snapshot of my face in a scared or stupid position, take the background of a game or whatever and put in the title of the game, and a caption next to my body and bam a pro Thumbnail xD

I actually use Canva, but PicMonkey is a great website too. Get creative and add an eye-catching image with a nice bold title. Be consistent in your thumbnail style once you develop your method.

I use the thumbnail generator tool in the TubeBuddy Chrome plugin. It works perfect for the type of thumbnails I create, which almost always shows a closeup of a face from a screenshot of the video. It lets you move frame-by-frame through the video to find the one you want, then resize it and add images or other elements. I zoom in on a face and put a red border around it to make mine more easily recognizable. It also lets me insert my YouTube logo right into it. Then it sets it as the thumbnail when I'm done and it automatically has it the right size and shape.

I always use Pixlr,

It might be a bit basic, but thats why I like it! It has the basic photo editing functions and if you have any questions there are tons of quick guides online, its really simple to use and free!! It is also quite a nice interim step between tube buddy and photoshop which can sometimes be a bit daunting

Back