Posting once a week vs twice a week

BuildALot Acres

I started my channel just after New Years 2021. In the past 5.5 months I'm at 201 subs, 20.4k views, and 1.4k hours watch time.

With a few exceptions I've been posting regularly twice a week on Wednesdays and Saturdays. My videos are usually 10-20 minutes and many are fairly in-depth projects. I'm pretty busy between yard work, going out with family, family member sick, full time work, kids, wife, etc.

If I switch to one video a week vs two do you think it will hurt my growth? I'd probably do a video explaining that I will be doing the change to notify viewers.

Congrats, that's great growth in a short time. I'm envious.

I'm sure that switching to once a week posting will hurt your growth in the short term. However if you're in this for the long haul, I would say that it's just as important that you post with a frequency that won't burn you out. If twice a week is feeling like too much, then cutting back to once a week is the smart move. Yes you probably won't grow as fast but you don't want to get burnt out either.

switch to one video a week vs two do you think it will hurt my growth? I'd probably do a video explaining that I will be doing the change to notify viewers
I don't think it's about notifying/explaining/growing but rather staying at it, so if you have to downscale to 1/week then that's what it is, I still don't have channel intro, there's also a camera review video that I been editing for 9months now :eeks:

once a week is fine hell even once a month is fine IF you deliver high-quality content. The youtube algo LOVES consistency but equally as important are watch time, engagement & CTR.

I had a channel with almost 50 subscribers, but one day I go in and it's gone, it just disappeared. I wrote to support and tried to restore, nothing. I start everything from scratch

Back