Popular YouTube Myths - Busted! [Part 1]

Nice :)

CPMs vary by category, but you're spot on with how much is made from gaming when starting out. I will say that if you average 48k views per day, you should be getting a 90/10 deal or better. Let that be a warning to those signing long term contracts.

Thanks all :) as it says, this is Part 1 - there are a tonne of false myths about YouTube that people need to be made aware of before starting up a channel. Part 2 will be up in a week or so, I reckon. Thanks for reading!

They really are good points and would help new people a lot. Temper expectations, focus on what you do, and enjoy doing it. Some dive head first in expecting fame rather quickly and become disappointed after not reaching it big in
a few months. Part 2 will be good I can't wait.

Nice article ! Altough your calculation for revenues comes from the assumption that you get a 1$ CPM , I have only 1.500 subscribers and I have a contract with a 3$ CPM , it's easier than most people think :p

Nice article ! Altough your calculation for revenues comes from the assumption that you get a 1$ CPM , I have only 1.500 subscribers and I have a contract with a 3$ CPM , it's easier than most people think :p

Aye, I know it can vary but it was just an example amount. Too many people want to make a living off YouTube and become horrified that they're not sleeping on a bed of money after three months.

I felt compelled to write this today after seeing one too many questions about insta-fame/partnership/being rich.

I would recommend all newcomers give it a read. If you realise that these are the reasons you're on YouTube, perhaps try doing it for fun instead to prevent disappointment!

http://frankiegirlgamer.wordpress.com/2013/02/03/popular-youtube-myths-busted/
No I will be famous... Why did you go an burst my bubble.. dang it.. Ok back to just having fun with it.

Back