Please - How Do I Reach My Target Audience?

chill_bro_videos

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hello YTtalker,

I would describe my channel as very Comedy Central like. Its a bunch of videos with ignorant humor, and a bit expletive. If you're going to give a suggestion, please watch the linked video in my signature first.

I'm having a hard time of reaching my audience, which is generally 18-24 year old males. I'm getting very little views on my videos and I just think I'm not posting in the right places. I've posted on Reedit, but I must not be in the right sub-reddit: I'm posting in things like 'Comedy' 'Funny' etc...I've submitted my videos to places like TFM & BarStoolSports.com etc, but can't seem to get a repost.

My question is this: Given you understand who my audience is, where are they and how can I get my video exposed to them? Which subreedits do you think are optimal for me? For example this golf video, give me three good suggestion of where you think this video would get a lot of engagement.

If you actually took time to read this, thank you.

SandMan

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Yo bro, I am 22 and male, and I enjoyed your sh**. I watched not only the video in your signature but the halloween prank one and Douchebag Gets Arrested For Being in the Middle of the Street With a Megaphone. I enjoyed them all. I like the props you use, the characters you built, it was great and you don't seem camera shy. To be honest I think you just need exposure.

A few tips I can give you, it seems outside your audio quality from the mic that you record it is great but inside it degrades. Are you using the same mic ? Maybe getting a new one or finding the error would improve your quality.
The music in the video in your signature is a tad to loud but in the other videos it is fine, so just double check that for your next video.
Also fix your channel, for some reason I don't have the horizontal bar that allowed me to open your uploads playlist etc.
Then I would say change your channel art to suite your avatar. I don't like your avatar much but I think its more preference then quality since the picture looks like it was taken properly but the channel art need to change.
Your three latest videos' thumbnails needs work. The other thumbnails are fine but those lack quality. It looks like you chose from YouTube's random three options they gave you

Other then that, I can't really see what needs more work on. The stories are great, you surely entertain even though the mic is a bit irritating. Try and get more exposure. Your target audience will surely arrive. I enjoy them

Congrats you won a subscription from me.

Sin B

2017 blows
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Make a video that's 10000x times more crazy. Get it on 9gag.tv and r/videos. Don't "self" advertise it but treat it as the most cringey, hilarious crazy s**t in the world that you stumbled upon. People will watch and then just hope that they stick around.

SandMan

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Make a video that's 10000x times more crazy. Get it on 9gag.tv and r/videos. Don't "self" advertise it but treat it as the most cringey, hilarious crazy s**t in the world that you stumbled upon. People will watch and then just hope that they stick around.
Does this actually work for you

Sin B

2017 blows
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Does this actually work for you
I don't make the same genre of content. He's in the jackass style of comedy skits without the jackass part. The craziest comedy skits will always end up on 9gag or reddit, and the more liked they are the bigger the creator can get. Of course you have to hit the sweet spot to target the right number of people when the haters come.

SandMan

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I don't make the same genre of content. He's in the jackass style of comedy skits without the jackass part. The craziest comedy skits will always end up on 9gag or reddit, and the more liked they are the bigger the creator can get. Of course you have to hit the sweet spot to target the right number of people when the haters come.
Its intresting, I have no idea how to expose my content but I need more content first so I am chilled as of now. I will ask around when the time comes. This might be not a bad idea

Sin B

2017 blows
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Its intresting, I have no idea how to expose my content but I need more content first so I am chilled as of now. I will ask around when the time comes. This might be not a bad idea
I consider it a lot easier generally for comedy related content to go viral -- IE nigahiga his videos will always hit 9gag/reddit, yes he has a built up audience but even without it that's the kind of content people on those sites like to see when it relates to "youtubers"

You won't ever see a gaming tuber on there just playing a game, it doesn't have the same interest for the people there.
Look at Markiplier, he's turned to making comedy skits within his gaming videos, and the only time I've ever seen him on 9gag in my years of browsing it was when he made his "meow" vid with the cat edits.

SandMan

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Dam double posted

Kirgle

"taking a swipe at everything"
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I agree with the audio comment from above. But I dont think that is the problem in finding an audience.

First off. you have only been uploading for a month. Comedy can be really hard to get rolling with a fan base.
People have to like your style of humor, and there are so many different styles. Keep at it and your subscribers and views will grow.

Secondly. Apart from your Halloween video, nothing you have uploaded is topical. Thats not a bad thing, but if you want to attract people to your channel faster then post videos about what everyone is searching for. Do a valentines video at valentines. Do an election video during an election. Do a golf video during the majors and mention it in your title and description.

As for Reditt. Posting into r/funny and r/video seems logical but as a "nobody" you are putting your video up against thousands of new videos a day.
You gotta narrow that right down. Find a small but active subreddit and post there instead.

I did a few searches but here it is

r/sketchcomedy
r/freshsketches
r/golf6u12 (golfmemes) only has 186 subscribers but they may see your video in there feed since it is not very active.

SophieAlice

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I'm glad somebody else understands the struggle! I do comedy as well, I'd describe it as lifestyle comedy, I make everyday life funny, like what's funny about driving, going to the dentist, siblings, ect, and I'm finding it near impossible to get exposure to my videos.
It sounds like you're doing all the right things though, such as getting involved in threads like this, being active on social media, and spreading the word in real life too.
Best of luck fellow comedian :)