Playlist Or Separate Channel

GooberVlogs

Happy New Year
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
wazzzup yttalkers =)

Let's say you like to make a lot of content like for example.. You do Vlogs.. Play Xbox One.. Do Sketches...Sketches.....Taste Test....Painting.....Makeup and ext..

Do you think it's better to just have one channel and put each category in a different playlist or make a separate youtube channel... like one channel for makeup....one for games...one for cooking and ext

Reactions: FraYoshi

weeeben

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I think you'd want them in separate channels, highly unlikely subscribers will want to see a big mix.
you can then feature channels to your main channel and create playlists on each channel to kinda link yourself.
so each channel would have playlists to your other channels.

That's one option, another would be to wait until you had a large enough channel first or since it's not so big you probably don't have much to lose if you mix it up right away and set the theme up front, a mixed bag of stuff.

RichGuitarGamer

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
No don't make separate channels!

From what ive seen in your videos it will be a wise move to keep them all in one place, let people see you are diverse! the whole idea of stepping into another channel means starting again e.t.c[DOUBLEPOST=1450343480,1450343407][/DOUBLEPOST]
I think you'd want them in separate channels, highly unlikely subscribers will want to see a big mix.
you can then feature channels to your main channel and create playlists on each channel to kinda link yourself.
so each channel would have playlists to your other channels.

That's one option, another would be to wait until you had a large enough channel first or since it's not so big you probably don't have much to lose if you mix it up right away and set the theme up front, a mixed bag of stuff.
btw looked at your videos bro do you work on Epos systems? like tills e.t.c? :)

Reactions: GooberVlogs

weeeben

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
btw looked at your videos bro do you work on Epos systems? like tills e.t.c? :)[/QUOTE]

I'm a scrapper, just pick stuff up from offices and scrap them down, if it's electrical, I take it and bust it up :)

Reactions: RichGuitarGamer

RichGuitarGamer

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
lol noice

Have you ever come across anyone scrapping any Casio dx220 card readers? lol random but I encode card readers at work :)

Bannik13

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Up to you I'd say.. If you want to keep your channel based around one industry or genre then make a separate channel. If you're not fussed, than I'd say keep it in one :)

Sabrina

I'm going outside now.
Reaction score
I believe that depends on whether people watch you for your content or your personality. There are a lot of big personality-based channels out there that do a variety of content and their viewers would watch them read the phone book, but generally people subscribe for a specific type of content.

xingcat

Be good to self.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I'm going to go against the grain and say that a mixed small channel with playlists may do you better than a whole lot of even smaller channels dedicated to one thing. Upkeep of a channel is a lot of time and effort, and if you're constantly having to make that "code switch" in your brain from one channel to the other, it may affect your output and your quality. Also, if you find one thing gets really big, you can always spin the other content off to its own channel. I have a whole lot of people who only show up once a week in my 3-videos-per-week schedule, because they only care about one of my subjects, and that's fine.

Reactions: GooberVlogs

FraYoshi

GNU lover ^^
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Director, Vlogger, Designer, Animator
How many uploads and how much leght?

Once answered, choose ^^

I prefer a channel with organized playlists but It has to respect the main channel purpose (entertainment/gaming....)

Personally, I classify only these 2 categories.. :D

PinProject

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It really depends if they are complete different topics then yes you want to separate them in two different channels since you probably will be targeting different audiences.

Reactions: FraYoshi