Playing video games is not allowed ?

Khalil4life

Reaction score

So basically, I uploaded a gameplay of GTA san andreas and uploaded it on Youtube but as unlisted and not public, in the gameplay I did a lot of stuff but small part of it was driving a car while the radio was on and the radio played apparently the Hold the line song.

But again, it was just a gameplay video, not monetized and it wasn't even public but guess what, Youtube wants to strike my channel and they banned my video in New Zealand.

So I want to know if this is really something stupid or If I really did something wrong.

Here is the link to the video :

Note : I was playing a mod that turns the game into a multiplayer game, if you're wondering why GTA san andreas looks different.

Also, I recorded the video to post it on server's forums and find out who damaged my ship.

Khalil4life

Reaction score
There is not much that you can do at this point. The music triggered a copyright claim. Replace the music with a royalty-free / copyright free track, re-upload and you should be fine.
Which means I have to mod the game because I didn't add the music, it's part of the game and it played randomly, so this basically means that playing video games is really not allowed because it's not just GTA that has music obviously.

Tito Tims Videos

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
Looks like a copyright claim, not a strike. You get those pretty much anytime you have any commercial music. I have a Sinatra christmas song that is claimed in a holiday vid. But, for some reason, the video banned in Germany. It does not hurt the account, so no worries.

Khalil4life

Reaction score
Looks like a copyright claim, not a strike. You get those pretty much anytime you have any commercial music. I have a Sinatra christmas song that is claimed in a holiday vid. But, for some reason, the video banned in Germany. It does not hurt the account, so no worries.
Thanks but I'm kinda annoyed because at least to me, it doesn't make any sense, I didn't start the music and I didn't take it from anywhere else, it is part of the game and it played randomly for a short time, so if they have a problem with that then they have a problem with all gameplay videos that exist on the Internet since the vast majority of games contains at least few commercial songs, when they gave the permission to the video game developer it should also automatically means that recording the game as a whole and not just the song is allowed and considered fair use.

Last edited:

Tito Tims Videos

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
when they gave the permission to the video game developer
Permission is the key point, though. The music rights holder gave permission to the game company to use their song - they did not give you or me permission to use it. You are making a new recording of it and sharing it on a new media. That takes permission.

It is no different than when I record while waling down the street and someone plays a song (radio, karaoke, whatever). They have the right to listen to it, I do not have the right to record it, and I edit my videos accordingly. It may suck, but such is life.

Khalil4life

Reaction score
Permission is the key point, though. The music rights holder gave permission to the game company to use their song - they did not give you or me permission to use it. You are making a new recording of it and sharing it on a new media. That takes permission.

It is no different than when I record while waling down the street and someone plays a song (radio, karaoke, whatever). They have the right to listen to it, I do not have the right to record it, and I edit my videos accordingly. It may suck, but such is life.
Yeah, I get it, it's just I don't like it, anyways thanks.

Reactions: markkaz