Planning your videos

Token

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
I think an audience may be more interested in videos that provide tips on beating certain games. You cant really upload a 20 minute video of game-play and expect a large audience unless the game has yet to hit the shelves.
Oh wow..you weren't lying when you said you've pretty much lived under a rock for the past 6 or 7 years of gaming. It's not so much about secrets or nooks and crannies anymore or tips...there are professional sites that provide things like that (gamefaqs, ign, others). Youtube is about entertainment.

A lot of people watch gaming videos on youtube because they want to see what professional players play like...or how bad noobs rage when they get shot in the face a thousand times. What I believe you're talking about are walkthroughs...and walkthroughs actually are the least popular of the gaming videos in terms of views.

If you don't think an audience can't watch 20 minutes of gameplay...I'll tell you this: Starcraft 2 has actually gotten so big that there are bars being erected specifically to show GAMEPLAY of professionals playing. It's actually quite something.

Reactions: Michael

zeeeeeeek

YourStreetPerformer
Reaction score
Oh wow..you weren't lying when you said you've pretty much lived under a rock for the past 6 or 7 years of gaming. It's not so much about secrets or nooks and crannies anymore or tips...there are professional sites that provide things like that (gamefaqs, ign, others). Youtube is about entertainment.

A lot of people watch gaming videos on youtube because they want to see what professional players play like...or how bad noobs rage when they get shot in the face a thousand times. What I believe you're talking about are walkthroughs...and walkthroughs actually are the least popular of the gaming videos in terms of views.

If you don't think an audience can't watch 20 minutes of gameplay...I'll tell you this: Starcraft 2 has actually gotten so big that there are bars being erected specifically to show GAMEPLAY of professionals playing. It's actually quite something.
your probably right.. i just rather play than watch people play. My generation we queued for a spot to play a game.. i guess the new generation would rather watch than play :p

TheDutch1K

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Haha, yeah, my channel is BASED on watching me play games that all of my viewers are also playing. :p People only come to gaming channels for info on a game around the time it releases. After that, it's all about the commentator, not about what game they're playing. Although Starcraft, Minecraft and CoD are generally the most watched games.

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Haha, yeah, my channel is BASED on watching me play games that all of my viewers are also playing. :p People only come to gaming channels for info on a game around the time it releases. After that, it's all about the commentator, not about what game they're playing. Although Starcraft, Minecraft and CoD are generally the most watched games.
It could be said it is similar to a football match, we all go to watch it and not play it, you are like the commentators for the game and help keep the game interesting for those watching at home. I think one of the main things I search for are new game previews, game play videos when they just come out or are nearly out and here and there a certain part of a game like a walkthrough video guide so I can figure out where I am being stupid :D

Werewilf

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
A lot of my stuff is improv because i'm crazy lazy. I really need to start writing things though

WonderHouseAwesome

Hello, I am AWESOME
Reaction score
I normally write out a script, then me and who ever is involved work it out, add some stuff, take some out, then I write a new one with what we come up with.
For vlogs though I usually write out a few topics and talk about those, but in my 'Walking Vlogs' I mostly talk about what is going on with me and how things are going. Its mostly just randomly improv.

Also, heres a download to a script writing software. celtx.com I find it really handy when you are writing multi page scripts.

Krowwzz

^^ Cool Dude
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
All my stuff is improv, even my Battlelog tutorial wasn't planned... :L

JostenVlogs

I Vlog Everday On Youtube
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I just keep everything spontaneous and try not to plan out how things are gonna go. Because before I would and it was not as interesting to watch.

Krowwzz

^^ Cool Dude
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I just keep everything spontaneous and try not to plan out how things are gonna go. Because before I would and it was not as interesting to watch.
Same here, I just decide on a topic and go from there....

TheDutch1K

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
My normal commentaries have been planned out more recently. I don't do them very often, but when I do, I have a list of subjects.