People never read the description...

Sooo many people do this haha, I always try and read the description, so i actually know whats going on
I know, I feel like re-titling one video because people find it "misleading"... But if they took 3 seconds out of their day to read the description, then they might know why I called it that.

And no it is not misleading, because the description explains it all.

I know, I feel like re-titling one video because people find it "misleading"... But if they took 3 seconds out of their day to read the description, then they might know why I titled the video like that.
What i always do is pause the video before hand to let the video buffer, and in that time i read the description :)

If the subject is somewhat controversial, have the first 10 or so seconds with a giant annotation covering the screen mentioning to check the description repeatedly.

Yea most people do not. If you put a annotation saying "read the description" people will usually do it, so i suggest that.

This isn't a problem that's just on YouTube. I still remember back when I was single and dating - I had a profile on Match.com (no didn't meet my husband that way), and I was *very* clear about some very specific things, yet I had men coming out of the woodwork who clearly did not read my description *at all* because they were exactly what I said I didn't want. I think in general people just don't read!!

Back