• Please note that all milestone posts must not be of a promotional nature and must conform to the Milestones Forum Rules. All "almost" and "nearly" milestone threads are deleted.

One year on YTtalk, one year of Kid Candy Reviews!

Status
Not open for further replies.

babyteeth4

Taking over the world... ...one kid at a time!
Today is a very special day for two reasons: one year ago today I uploaded our first Kid Candy Review video, and one year ago I also joined YTtalk!

A year ago, we had a bag of candy, a Galaxy S4 for a video camera, two Home Depot work lights, and a lot of high hopes that we could somehow make a dent on YouTube with our little candy review show. After uploading the video I felt a need to connect to other YouTube content creators, and a Google search brought me here.

I was amazed at how warm, welcoming and nice everyone was here, what a cool variety of people and channels there were, and at how knowledgeable the members of the forum were (and still are!) It didn't take long before I was hooked on YTtalk!

My whole life has changed in this one short year. In our eighth month, I was able to quit my job of 22 years and start doing YouTube videos full time. Our little candy show isn't so little any more, with over 80 new episodes having been collectively viewed over 56 million times!

I've met people whose artistic contributions have become part of the fabric of our show, and so many more of you have contributed through your regular postings to this forum: the sharing of YouTube knowledge, trading stories, supporting and encouraging, technical expertise, and business & industry talk has made me a much better YouTuber than I ever could have become on my own. The people I've met on YTtalk still continue to amaze, inspire, amuse, (and sometimes confound) me! Every day I love coming back here because there's always something interesting going on.

I can't wait to see what the next 365 days brings!

One year Kid Candy JPG.jpg
 
Congratulations guys it is nice to hear how you found YTtalk too, if you hadnt done kid candy reviews you might have never been here, it always amazes me how decisions lead to other things down the road like how small the chances are of things happening but they happen :D I wish you and your family lots of success this year :)

@JeriKane is always good one, we checked him with our new machinery.

Picture%2B17.png
 
Congratulations guys it is nice to hear how you found YTtalk too, if you hadnt done kid candy reviews you might have never been here, it always amazes me how decisions lead to other things down the road like how small the chances are of things happening but they happen :D I wish you and your family lots of success this year :)

@JeriKane is always good one, we checked him with our new machinery.

Picture%2B17.png
Thanks Michael, you were one of the first people here I interacted with and you've always been a class act!
 
Thanks Kath, you're very sweet![DOUBLEPOST=1424056974,1424025556][/DOUBLEPOST]Coincidentally, on February 13th we hit another milestone: it was the first day we've ever gotten 1 million views in a single day! What a great way to commemorate the year!
Million view day.png
 
A million views in one day after only a year! What an inspirational milestone, it probably helps that your girls are adorable ;) Congratulations on the success you've achieved from all your hard work!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top