One of my videos has 200k views, how can I decide how to make similar content?

dojogohomeschool

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I run a kids martial arts youtube channel, and I have one video that's at 200k views.

I have a 2nd place one that's at 44k views and others that are in the couple thousands and a few in the hundreds.

My question is, how should I title and tag my videos for future uploads? Should I copy and paste the title and tags from my 200k video or should I make minor tweaks like using a slightly different keyword?

Thank you!

Jack Decker

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
Possibly don't offer a complete work-out but focus on one technique for one specific situation. A how-to video for each. Number them in order in both the title and thumbnail. "Kid Karate Lesson #1: Fighting against more than one opponent. Break & Run technique"

Vedstedsen

Globus Travellus
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
I have started working out at home, thus watching a lot of calisthenics videos. I see some of the successful channels build it up like this:

#1 ''XXX muscle group for beginners''
#2 ''Same muscle group for home workout''
#3 ''Same muscle group in 10 minutes''

And just milking the same muscle group for ALOT of videos. But all really good nonetheless. When they have enough videos for the same video group it's time for a TOP 10 or similar video to come in for the kill. ;)

It's the same I am doing, with a less successful channel. I focus on smaller destinations, and at the end I make a compilation (which are doing the best).

Since you are in a different niche than Calisthenics or Travel, it would be as Jack Decker suggests, certain scenarios (several opponents) or techniques (running).

Reactions: Jack Decker

mirrorlessNY(youtuber)

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
just tried making video similar to top performing video, but using newer gear, so far so good it's definitely a good idea to make videos that are similar to top performing topics/videos on your channel

ThriftyAV

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
Similar titles, descriptions, and tags should help you piggyback off the success of your big one, but more importantly, create a PLAYLIST with this video and your potential piggyback content, and set the playlist as an "official series". This will greatly increase the likelihood of your newer videos being suggested when folks check out your heavy hitter.