CloudCJay

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
This is me I've been making content for about 4 years but I wasn't consistent due to personal issues, and I mostly do retro games so that probably kills my searchability.
Don't get me wrong, I've seen great Retro Gaming channels but they are usually small channels. AngryVideoGameNerd is small in comparison to some other gaming channels because he does a lot of retro games but he is very entertaining to watch. Quality is high, searchability is super low though.

Devin

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Don't get me wrong, I've seen great Retro Gaming channels but they are usually small channels. AngryVideoGameNerd is small in comparison to some other gaming channels because he does a lot of retro games but he is very entertaining to watch. Quality is high, searchability is super low though.
Yup, my search ability is probably so low I'm probably not even on the radar. I had the chance to play the new Zelda game when it came out but I didn't wanna do it blind so my mistake I suppose. I have quite the library of games so I'm hoping that'll help me down the road.

Mcrocks9

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Thank you for the elaborate advice! You make some very good points.

I read this a lot, but to be honest I have no idea how to do this. I've always been a person that finds out about things after they happened (whether they are trends, concerts I would have liked to see or school announcements). So how DO you stay on top of things? How can you spot trends, especially when they aren't big yet but will be?

I'd love me some of this! I've only just started out and to be honest, I feel like I'm done pretty well. I'm getting a steady 60+ views on videos with only 38 subscribers. But if you have any feedback on SEO, that be great. I feel like most of my traffic is coming from my personal circle (I post on my personal facebook to notify friends and family) and from this forum. I'd love to reach more people and I'm not really sure how findable my content is.
One thing I do is I am on a couple of music forums and I always know when new music is going to drop so I will literally wake up early and do a reaction to the song and edit it and then put it up as soon as possible. Especially if an artist that hasn't released in a long time. I have a reaction channel that I do and I also, do tv shows (i.e. Arrow, The Flash, etc). You have to keep a lookout on what's going to be trending. Hope this helps some.

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Musician, Other
Eh, If I go Viral that's cool. I just do this as a hobby. I guess if the time comes it comes.

Reactions: CloudCJay

Masters of Kung Food

Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Great read bro! SEO is probably my main concern right now. I still have no idea why my 2nd most watched video shows up in the 7th-10th page in the search keywords I assumed people are using even though there are a lot of vids that have less views that show up way before mine. Plus is Google Keyword Planner free to use? I haven't figured out that part yet haha.

VRONA

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
What hurts me is when I see channels that have been making content for 4-5rs+ and haven't broken 1k subscribers yet.
Yup that's me. Only got 148 subscribers after 4 years, so no where near 1k. Why could that be? I am consistent and I don't do sub4sub. What can I do?

CloudCJay

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Yup that's me. Only got 148 subscribers after 4 years, so no where near 1k. Why could that be? I am consistent and I don't do sub4sub. What can I do?
Make videos that people are looking for. Usually whatever is hot or whatever is starting to buzz/trend.

VRONA

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Make videos that people are looking for. Usually whatever is hot or whatever is starting to buzz/trend.
I do, but the only ones that get noticed whatsoever are my Pokémon TCG videos, which both broken my channel's record for most views in one day. However they don't get me any subscribers, and due to the high costs I can't make a lot of them.