Not monetizable tag appearing on video upload?

Cyath

Topic. When I upload a video it tells me that it's blocked in one country, and that I can't monetize it?

As far as I know YT allows monetization at 1k+ subscribers? Does this affect it?

My information may be a little dated though...

Youtube is detecting something in your video that is copyright material belonging to someone else.

I am confused. Does this mean I can monetize it or not?

Can I still monetize from views and subscribers in that case?

The official YT guidelines mention hover text which I am not seeing.

I've researched this a bit but the guidelines seem to keep changing?

If you've uploaded content that is someone else's copyright material, you cannot monetize it.

The copyright holder may choose to run ads on your video... depending what the content is, and who the owner of the content is, they may be able to monetize the video you made where you used their material.

I'm not entirely sure. When Youtube reviews a channel regarding whether monetization should be made available to it, they definitely may consider such things as whether the channel has copyright material uploaded to it.

Any geographical block will cause you to be rejected for monetization.

Uploading third party copyright content violates YouTube's channel monetization policies, YouTube's Terms of Service, YouTube's Community Guidelines, AdSense Content Policy and finally, International Copyright Law.

Back