Not Eligible for Monetization?

Kleineganz

Opinionated Vlogger and Gamer
I just noticed that some of my recent vlogs have become "not eligible" for monetization and I can't find the link anymore of if there was some sort of false copyright claim or something else against the video. Do you guys know where I can go and look?

The videos are literally just me talking to my camera, and using the same royalty free music I've always used (and it's the same music I've had for over a year now).

EDIT: Never mind I found the copyright notices page. There are none. So what is going on? Has this happened to anyone else?

I checked the tags of your last video (I didn't watch it). They are related to death and mourning. I think the algorithm simply has trouble to find good match ads for it.
YouTube afterall is just a Google promotion/advertising outlet.

I checked the tags of your last video (I didn't watch it). They are related to death and mourning. I think the algorithm simply has trouble to find good match ads for it.
YouTube afterall is just a Google promotion/advertising outlet.
Yeah but if there are no ads to match tags, then the ads should match on a user's behavior instead (I know how ads work, I work in the field that deals with behavioral targeting of such ads). What's extra weird is that they had disabled monetization on the "In Memoriam" slide show I posted (which is fine, I hadn't intended it to be monetized anyway) and they restored monetization on *that* one.

At the very least I wish they had notified me and given me an explanation as to why.

Agree.
But YT ads inventory is limited (it seems) and they may not be able to reach some "optimization threshold" for "behavioral targeting" (I am not an advertising person I just speculate here).

Agree.
But YT ads inventory is limited (it seems) and they may not be able to reach some "optimization threshold" for "behavioral targeting" (I am not an advertising person I just speculate here).
I'd have to disagree. Even if there wasn't a video ad they could run (which I doubt), there are always the clickable banner ads on the page instead. All of them were disabled. Maybe they just don't want to monetize grief?[DOUBLEPOST=1459316595,1459316467][/DOUBLEPOST]I did some searching and found this .... I guess this answers my question. They don't find tragedy "advertiser-friendly." Ugh. Fine.

https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/6162278

YouTube does not allow the monetization of certain content that it deems non advertiser friendly. It is done automatically, and if you use some tags (e.g "ISIS") you will not be able to monetize your video, even if you own all of the proper rights to monetize the material.

YouTube does not allow the monetization of certain content that it deems non advertiser friendly. It is done automatically, and if you use some tags (e.g "ISIS") you will not be able to monetize your video, even if you own all of the proper rights to monetize the material.
Yes, I know that now. Even mentioned that in my last post. Thanks anyway. :p

Back