Newly Changed Partner Program SUCKS!

Read it here.

http://youtubecreator.blogspot.com.au/2012/04/being-youtube-creator-just-got-even.html

Basically anyone who isn't an original full partner but has monetized at least one of their videos is considered a partner except without any of the perks (banner, manual thumbnails etc.) I hate this as I'm not partner but wanted to be. They haven't touched on what it takes to get all the perks for the new partners.

Thoughts forum?

tumblr_m2l2b5KBcU1r1l312.gif

Wow So does this mean they'll stop disabling peoples adsense account without warning :)

I still don't like this. If you don't get the 'perks' then how exactly are you a 'partner'? If you're not getting big views, and in turn not making money from your monetized videos calling yourself a partner seems pointless. And now what do you have to do to become a full time partner or whatever they are going to call it.

I still don't like this. If you don't get the 'perks' then how exactly are you a 'partner'? If you're not getting big views, and in turn not making money from your monetized videos calling yourself a partner seems pointless. And now what do you have to do to become a full time partner or whatever they are going to call it.
Hopefully they address this issue soon and I suspect theirs a lot of angry youtubers out there

Hopefully they address this issue soon and I suspect theirs a lot of angry youtubers out there
I felt that way from the get go. My initial reaction was "sweet!!! I can be a partner now!" Then about 5 minutes later I was like "wait... but if everyone is a partner, how the hell are they going to promote all of us at once... and what makes me stand out if EVERYONE is a partner?" It just makes no sense.

I felt that way from the get go. My initial reaction was "sweet!!! I can be a partner now!" Then about 5 minutes later I was like "wait... but if everyone is a partner, how the hell are they going to promote all of us at once... and what makes me stand out if EVERYONE is a partner?" It just makes no sense.
There's glory from it no more. If before you said "I'm a Youtube partner" it would mean so much more but now it's kind of a downer. They literally just let millions of users become now.

There's glory from it no more. If before you said "I'm a Youtube partner" it would mean so much more but now it's kind of a downer. They literally just let millions of users become now.
and like you said, we can't even define what "partner" means now.

No matter what they are calling people now I still wont see anyone as being fully partnered until they have all the branding features etc right now if I called myself a partner because I monetised one video I would look stupid :D

Back