New Movie Review Channel - Feedback welcome.

TK's Opinion

Well-Known Member
So I have been rating and reviewing movies for some time. I recently decided to do video reviews. I am new to having a youtube channel and am still working out some bugs. Check out my first review below. I filmed and edited the whole thing on my iPad. I plan to purchase some lighting this week. Any suggested products?

 
Hello!
First of all, for a first video this is not bad at all. The lighting is actually pretty good but if you did want to get some lighting we got 2 x Continuous Lighting Kit 50x70cm Softbox for about £60 (not sure in dollars sorry) off Amazon- these are pretty great if you have room to set them up!

On to your video, you have a very comfortable talking style in front of the camera which is great, your audio is good too thanks to the clip on mic.

You could maybe use more pictures or trailer clips in the top corner as something to make it a bit more visually entertaining.

Your review is a well done too, although I think you should have tagged it for spoilers as you give away some pretty big plot points and if somebody is using your video to see whether or not they want to watch it, they might not be happy.

Also, I think when you got to about the 4.30 minute mark you had basically finished reviewing the film and maybe should have just finished the video there- I did find my concentration level starting to waver a bit there- knowing when to cut a video I think comes more with time so I'm sure you will find a better balance in the future.

If you wanted to do a more indepth discussion of the franchise and the film involving plots points- maybe label it differently to a "review" like an analysis or something?

Anyway- it's great to see another film review on YTTalk, there doesn't seem to be many of us! If you had the time, we'd really appreciate if you could give us some feedback on our latest review video:
http://yttalk.com/threads/a-3-min-r...-one-punch-man-please-feedback-needed.209297/
 
Hello!
First of all, for a first video this is not bad at all. The lighting is actually pretty good but if you did want to get some lighting we got 2 x Continuous Lighting Kit 50x70cm Softbox for about £60 (not sure in dollars sorry) off Amazon- these are pretty great if you have room to set them up!

On to your video, you have a very comfortable talking style in front of the camera which is great, your audio is good too thanks to the clip on mic.

You could maybe use more pictures or trailer clips in the top corner as something to make it a bit more visually entertaining.

Your review is a well done too, although I think you should have tagged it for spoilers as you give away some pretty big plot points and if somebody is using your video to see whether or not they want to watch it, they might not be happy.

Also, I think when you got to about the 4.30 minute mark you had basically finished reviewing the film and maybe should have just finished the video there- I did find my concentration level starting to waver a bit there- knowing when to cut a video I think comes more with time so I'm sure you will find a better balance in the future.

If you wanted to do a more indepth discussion of the franchise and the film involving plots points- maybe label it differently to a "review" like an analysis or something?

Anyway- it's great to see another film review on YTTalk, there doesn't seem to be many of us! If you had the time, we'd really appreciate if you could give us some feedback on our latest review video:
http://yttalk.com/threads/a-3-min-r...-one-punch-man-please-feedback-needed.209297/


Thanks. I do have the room and was looking at something similar for lighting. I agree with pictures and clips. Editing on the iPad mini was tedious and I just gave up on that. I bought a desktop editing app yesterday, so that should make that a lot easier. The length piece is good advice. I'm going to take some notes and try to hit certain points next time. I just turned on the camera and started talking for this one. I should get another one out this week and will put your advice into practice.

I watched your videos as well and you are doing a great job. Right up my alley for content. I left a comment on the thread you linked to.
 
Thanks. I do have the room and was looking at something similar for lighting. I agree with pictures and clips. Editing on the iPad mini was tedious and I just gave up on that. I bought a desktop editing app yesterday, so that should make that a lot easier. The length piece is good advice. I'm going to take some notes and try to hit certain points next time. I just turned on the camera and started talking for this one. I should get another one out this week and will put your advice into practice.

I watched your videos as well and you are doing a great job. Right up my alley for content. I left a comment on the thread you linked to.

Great, we will definitely check it out with interest =] Would be great to stay in touch!
 

Newest video. Feel like I am making progress. New camera will be here on Monday. Still undecided on lights and mic.

Yes you're definitely making progress! =] I would say that the lights would be a good idea, it'll make the video feel more professional and inviting. The camera seems to go in and out focus a bit, so you may wanna have a look at your camera settings to see if you can turn auto-focus off, then it will stay consistent. The sound quality is good, but you will notice the difference if you do invest in a mic. Audacity is a great free software to use when recording, it's easy to use and it has various tools such as background noise reduction, equalization and compression to improve the sound quality.

Keep up the good work!
 
Back
Top