New iPhone means new Mic

Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Hi,

I have been filming all my videos using my iphone 6 with a fairly cheap mic. My iphone is about to die so I will be upgrading to the iphone 8 - unfortunately this removes the headphone/mic port and leaves on the port for Lightening cables.

Does anyone know a decent, affordable mic that fits?

thanks

UhoohExtra

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
you can probably get an adaptor of some sort from ebay for one quid. Or the same adapter from pcworld for fifty quid.

Camera quality is great on iphone especially with better light. If you get a couple o fcheap light boxes for £30 it will transform your video quality. I watched a couple of your.. they would be great with lighting.

Courtney Candice

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Like the person above said you could get an adapter or maybe try getting a mic that is wireless so you hook up through Bluetooth.

Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
thank you guys[DOUBLEPOST=1523960026,1523959910][/DOUBLEPOST]
you can probably get an adaptor of some sort from ebay for one quid. Or the same adapter from pcworld for fifty quid.

Camera quality is great on iphone especially with better light. If you get a couple o fcheap light boxes for £30 it will transform your video quality. I watched a couple of your.. they would be great with lighting.
Thanks you for the comments, with the lighting I have 1 light above and another 2 (1 from each side). I will have to investigate light boxes though - any recommendations? Or if I search light boxes in amazon will it show what you are suggesting?

thanks

UhoohExtra

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
yep. i can't post links in here. but ordinary light bulbs don't cut it. A soft box kit will come with a giant lightbulb which is equivilent to about 600w (albeit a low energy one working at 100ish). But way way brighter than ordinary lamp etc. Search 'soft box kit' in amazon and it will bring up the right results.

Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
yep. i can't post links in here. but ordinary light bulbs don't cut it. A soft box kit will come with a giant lightbulb which is equivilent to about 600w (albeit a low energy one working at 100ish). But way way brighter than ordinary lamp etc. Search 'soft box kit' in amazon and it will bring up the right results.
OK, I did that but it seems to show full on photoshoot booths/lighting. Do you mean like a portable studio tent (like a white sqaure thing with lights either side?