Needing to Show Your Face to be Successful?

Tito Tims Videos

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
Depends on what you are doing. There are some massively popular card trick tutorial channels that have never shown their face. Gaming, probably do not need to show your face. Reaction vids, yeah I would your face shows most of your reaction...

I do travel vids so I started out just showing the sights, but later turned the camera to show my reactions and make comments. For my vids I find a good mix. Some vids are all me, some none, most are mixed.

LandyVlad

Super Poster
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
Thank you all for the replies. I'm just really self conscious about showing my face. I'm not the typical twiggy girl I usually see on videos. I'm bigger. :(
It's easy to say don't be self conscious, but much harder to achieve.
Don't worry - there are plenty more people out there will find you heaps more attractive than you think you are :)

If you don't want to show your faces then I'd definitely suggest getting some animation sorted so you can have a face-to-face with your audience without it being a 'real' one.

Think Waldorf and Sattler from the Muppet show :)

ThriftyAV

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
I subscribe to several youtubers who seldom or never show their faces, and many are successful: Company Man, VWestlife, OddityArchive, Cassette Comeback.

That being said, establishing a "connection" with your audience is important if you want them to keep coming back. It will probably be harder to establish this type of connection if you never show your face to the audience.

Ater

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
For reactions I personally would like to see the face since facial expression are usually part of a reaction. But for other type of videos there can be an advantage of not showing the face so people really can focus on what's important, actually some of my most watched channels are channels that don't who face.

jmartle

Reaction score
Website
earlypost.net
I know of a lot of big channels that do commentary and never show their face. watchmojo is one. Just make sure you speak in a way that gets and keeps people's attention. Don't speak in a boring dull way
I'll dont show my face in my channel either but I only have about 400 subs

R I A

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
Not showing your face focuses on the content of the video you made.

I like youtubers who doesn't show their faces.

Reactions: Pro Kie

SnuggCTO

Reaction score
Website
snugg.me
Channel Type
Youtuber
If you don't show your face, what am I to fall in love with?

I'd say go for it. As soon as you show your face you'll implicitly be more attractive due to harnessing enough confidence to actually follow through!

You got it!

Reactions: CinemaChicks

LandyVlad

Super Poster
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
Not showing your face focuses on the content of the video you made.

I like youtubers who doesn't show their faces.
I think it very much depends on the content.
Tysy tube (restoration videos) and the post apocalyptic inventor (similar) can very much get away without showing their faces - the projects are the main things there,

But (for me anyway) anything opinion based is lent more credibility / entertainment value if I can see who's commenting about it.