Need some fresh opinions if possible.

ImChazza

I've Got It
Hi there, my name is Chazza! I have a gaming channel where I mainly post Rainbow Six: Siege and more recently, PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds. I am fairly happy with the growth of my channel because I am enjoying the content I create. I am consistently trying to improve the quality of my videos and I'd hugely appreciate if people could give their opinions in 3 areas of my channel;

- When viewing my channel page, does any videos in particular stick out? And why?
- Does my channel look professional enough?
- When clicking on any of my videos, do you seem uninterested off the bat for any reason??

I would hugely appreciate if someone could give feedback on these areas!

Just some constructive criticism, that you don't have to listen to if you'd like. Personally it does look very clean however, none of it jumps out at me. The channel banner needs some work, and I could help you out with that if you just wanna shoot me an email. The video thumbnail all have the same format but it not really seen as one that would grab peoples attention when they are scrolling through their youtube sub box. Your mic audio as well is very quite compared to the game audio, and can make it discomfortable at times, when their is an explosion and your audio is turned up. Those are the major things I would work on if possible, and if you have any more questions feel free to ask. Have a nice night!

Just some constructive criticism, that you don't have to listen to if you'd like. Personally it does look very clean however, none of it jumps out at me. The channel banner needs some work, and I could help you out with that if you just wanna shoot me an email. The video thumbnail all have the same format but it not really seen as one that would grab peoples attention when they are scrolling through their youtube sub box. Your mic audio as well is very quite compared to the game audio, and can make it discomfortable at times, when their is an explosion and your audio is turned up. Those are the major things I would work on if possible, and if you have any more questions feel free to ask. Have a nice night!
Thank you buddy! I am actually changing the look of my thumbnails as of today. I am also gonna consider changing my banner. As for the audio, it's an issue I've already recognised and I am working on that currently too. Once again thanks!

This is what I personally think but obviously I am not an expert in any shape or form (just a llama)

When viewing my channel page, does any videos in particular stick out? And why?
Your most recent video the chicken dinner sticks out the most out of your videos mainly why? well because it has colour to it! People are attracted to colorful objects more than dull dark colours mainly because it catches your attention, your other thumbnails all look exactly the same and personally wouldn't attract my attention, but with your most recent thumbnail i am way more likely to click on it!

Does my channel look professional enough?
Yes. But I don't think a YouTube channel needs to look so professional.

When clicking on any of my videos, do you seem uninterested off the bat for any reason??
I feel like you should try and talk to your audience first maybe about the video or if something weird or crazy is going to happen to keep your audience staying tuned, I think you would be really successful at live streaming some of your videos on YouTube as well.

All in all I think you have a good channel, a few tweaks can be made but that comes with more experience. I can easily see people wanting to watch your videos and enjoying your content, you have a good channel here and I hope you keep it up as im sure it will become a success, good luck with everything!

The problem I find with let's plays is that they are boring and that not much is going on if I am going to be honest. You need to make a fast paced let's play that get's to the point or has a theme around it. For example, hopping on skyrim and just recording you moving around won't interest anyone. However, focusing your video on a specific mission in skyrim (whether it be a tutorial or a commentary) gives the audience something to think about. What you want to do is create value rather than just content. My videos are unprofessional, or at least the editing isn't the best (it isn't my strong suit), but the same people come back because they love the value I add to my content. As Mr Wonderful says 'is it proprietary?' Is your channel something you could say would be owned, or something of value? Also fix your thumbnails. They are too monotonous. I am not the best at thumbnails but check my thumbnails. They are colorful yet themed as to not give the presence of chaos. I am not trying to be harsh at all and putting you off. Just don't want you to waste your time in something that 70% of the people in yttalk do. If you want to make a let's play make it different. Look at what pewdiepie did- he became famous because he focused on exaggerated reactions to horror games. That's not entirely unique but it is already good enough that it separates him from the crowd. If you just separate yourself even a little bit, you will go a long way. You can have an idea that is even similar to someone else but presented in a different way. For example my channel features content that is remotely similar to military history visualized or bismark, however I present my content much differently and more lecture based with military charts and maps, while they use game play footage or power point with a few icons.

This is what I personally think but obviously I am not an expert in any shape or form (just a llama)

When viewing my channel page, does any videos in particular stick out? And why?
Your most recent video the chicken dinner sticks out the most out of your videos mainly why? well because it has colour to it! People are attracted to colorful objects more than dull dark colours mainly because it catches your attention, your other thumbnails all look exactly the same and personally wouldn't attract my attention, but with your most recent thumbnail i am way more likely to click on it!

Does my channel look professional enough?
Yes. But I don't think a YouTube channel needs to look so professional.

When clicking on any of my videos, do you seem uninterested off the bat for any reason??
I feel like you should try and talk to your audience first maybe about the video or if something weird or crazy is going to happen to keep your audience staying tuned, I think you would be really successful at live streaming some of your videos on YouTube as well.

All in all I think you have a good channel, a few tweaks can be made but that comes with more experience. I can easily see people wanting to watch your videos and enjoying your content, you have a good channel here and I hope you keep it up as im sure it will become a success, good luck with everything!
Thank you so much for a detailed reply! I have taken in some advice from people and have changed my format of my thumbnails moving forward. Straight away you can notice the difference. And it's not a bad idea to have a small quick introduction to my videos. I will take that in and maybe try to implement that into my content. Thanks once again buddy, have a good one:)[DOUBLEPOST=1497217836,1497217668][/DOUBLEPOST]
The problem I find with let's plays is that they are boring and that not much is going on if I am going to be honest. You need to make a fast paced let's play that get's to the point or has a theme around it. For example, hopping on skyrim and just recording you moving around won't interest anyone. However, focusing your video on a specific mission in skyrim (whether it be a tutorial or a commentary) gives the audience something to think about. What you want to do is create value rather than just content. My videos are unprofessional, or at least the editing isn't the best (it isn't my strong suit), but the same people come back because they love the value I add to my content. As Mr Wonderful says 'is it proprietary?' Is your channel something you could say would be owned, or something of value? Also fix your thumbnails. They are too monotonous. I am not the best at thumbnails but check my thumbnails. They are colorful yet themed as to not give the presence of chaos. I am not trying to be harsh at all and putting you off. Just don't want you to waste your time in something that 70% of the people in yttalk do. If you want to make a let's play make it different. Look at what pewdiepie did- he became famous because he focused on exaggerated reactions to horror games. That's not entirely unique but it is already good enough that it separates him from the crowd. If you just separate yourself even a little bit, you will go a long way. You can have an idea that is even similar to someone else but presented in a different way. For example my channel features content that is remotely similar to military history visualized or bismark, however I present my content much differently and more lecture based with military charts and maps, while they use game play footage or power point with a few icons.
Thanks for the feedback! I am changing my thumbnails moving forward. Starting as of my newest video. I do not upload let's plays anymore and I try to keep my titles as different as possible. I agree with your point in being as unique as possible. I'll take this advice in, cheers dude

Back