Request Need intro will pay!

Ok thank you :)

Does the controller have to fall, or can it slide into position? I ask because the model of the controller that I have found isn't all one object and doesn't allow it to fall, it simply goes through the floor even when it is marked as a solid object.

Does the controller have to fall, or can it slide into position? I ask because the model of the controller that I have found isn't all one object and doesn't allow it to fall, it simply goes through the floor even when it is marked as a solid object.

You have to set the floor as a collider body in the simulation tags.

You have to set the floor as a collider body in the simulation tags.

I know. However the controller model is made up of many different parts. If I set the entire controller to any type of dynamic tag with any sort of dynamic tag on the floor it always falls through. HOWEVER, if I set individual pieces of the controller to a rigid body they successfully bounce off the floor, but that's not what I want. If I set all of the controllers individuals parts to a rigid body that reacts on collision, I get better results, however the controllers buttons explode out of the controller the moment it touches the floor...

I actually want it to fall, but if you can make it slide, maybe that will work too.

I know. However the controller model is made up of many different parts. If I set the entire controller to any type of dynamic tag with any sort of dynamic tag on the floor it always falls through. HOWEVER, if I set individual pieces of the controller to a rigid body they successfully bounce off the floor, but that's not what I want. If I set all of the controllers individuals parts to a rigid body that reacts on collision, I get better results, however the controllers buttons explode out of the controller the moment it touches the floor...

Make 2 copies, One where the whole of the controller is one poly, you wont need to edit it will you? its quite an easy intro to make, just connect and delete.

Make 2 copies, One where the whole of the controller is one poly, you wont need to edit it will you? its quite an easy intro to make, just connect and delete.

Yeah it is an easy intro, everything has been done apart from this controller which should be easier than everything else. What you suggested does work to some effect, however only half of the controller falls on the floor (with no buttons) because it was made using the symmetry tool.

Thanks for your tips btw

Yeah it is an easy intro, everything has been done apart from this controller which should be easier than everything else. What you suggested does work to some effect, however only half of the controller falls on the floor (with no buttons) because it was made using the symmetry tool.

Thanks for your tips btw

No problem, seems strange though, Would it work if you just made it a null and used the same rigid/soft body tag to collide with it?

Back