Need help with editing

Deetz

Reaction score
Hi all! I’m in the process of starting my own YT channel, I have all the equipment needed but have hit a roadblock while editing. I am using Premiere Pro. My main question is.. Say I’m recording a reaction video to a TV show, let’s just say for example it’s an HBO show, how exactly do I get the video I’m watching from HBO into Premiere Pro? Obviously most reactions to shows have to be limited to 10 minutes of actual footage. So again how do I get that show into premiere to edit down to 10 minutes and sync up with my reaction? Is there another process other than screen recording that I’m missing? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Ernie Jo

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Quicktime can record screens, but it doesn't record audio. So you'd need to rip it from online which could be tricky, or record the audio coming out of your computer or something.. Idk, I'm not sure what the legality is with that stuff but I know a bunch of people do it. If you had the show on a disc it might be easier to rip.

videoeditgr

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
In order to learn premiere you will have to study their help section
helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/capturing-digitizing.html

To save you some time, firewire and sd are not optioms for you, so you might need a free external HDMI recorder to capture from a source e.g. tv and then download into premiere.
Cutting to 10 minutes is simple trimming. You watch and define in and out points as "start" and "end" to the desired part of the show. Simple.

Eh.. Wait a second, HBO is a tv show? I think you cannot use this.