Need help with a new slo-mo channel.

Ernie Jo

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey guys, so I've been doing youtube for a few years but recently decided to make a second channel featuring only slow-motion videos.

I'm having some trouble figuring out the best way to do everything though. The name of the channel is Moments, and I want to be sort of serious in like an introspective way because we often just go through life and don't get a chance to appreciate the small moments that happen, and seeing things in slow motion gives you a chance to do that.

At the same time, lots of stuff just looks cool in slomo and some things I'm posting are a little more fun.

I've put a few videos up (I want to get a solid base before I start promoting, to give people a wide variety of videos to see when they first find the channel), and I'd like feedback on a few things:

1. What should I do with audio? Slomo audio sounds weird but I don't know if silence is equally weird, I could maybe try music but that's a lot of music I'm going to be going through for these videos unless I only have like 10-20 tracks or something that are reused, but then at that point is it annoying?

2. What should I do regarding titling? I feel like having "slo-mo" in the title will greatly increase my views and searchability, but I don't want to lose the introspective feel and make it gimmicky. I also am numbering the videos in case I do multiple videos of the same type of thing, for instance 3 different videos of different bees flying in slow motion (they wouldn't be uploaded at the same time, but over a period of time).

3. Is the black background in the branding too "faux-serious" or like I'm trying to hard to be serious? I was thinking about putting a different color in the background, something bright. I'm not sure though.

4. Are the videos too long? Are they too short?

If you have any thoughts about these things, or anything else, it would be greatly appreciated! At some point in the future I also want to make a website for Moments and allow people to download the video to use as free stock footage for their projects.

Channel URL: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzT20r9DxwV0o-oNYymrzwg

Thank you!!