Need help on channel

LifeAsJenny

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Just last week i've seen a dramatic loss in my subscribers. I was up loading 1 vlog a week. Than last week i've decided to upload 2 vlogs a week. When i did that i saw that i was loosing subscribers. I'm not sure if it's because i'm uploading 2 times a week or it's something else. I've taken long breaks in the past and i've just jumped right back in after being gone a few months. I've been vlogging about once a week since February.

Youtube.com/LifeAsJenny

Thanks,
Jenny

WeiseGamer

Your #1 Source For Indie Gaming
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
So to clarify, you took a long-ish break then came back?

I would say people are noticing they are subbed to you and no longer want to be. What I mean is that for example, I sub to a BUNCH of people. Some haven't uploaded in a LONG time. I don't realize I'm even subbed to them anymore until they upload, then I realize (let's say its been 3-6 months) that the reason I subbed to them is no longer valid, matters to me, or I just am not interested, so I unsub.

It's kind of hard to understand, but think of it as "I forgot I was even subbed to them, I should clear up my feed since I don't watch their stuff anymore anyway."

I was gone for like 3 or 4 months, came back and had a similar issue for a few weeks as I'm sure people said "oh yeah this guy, well, I think I'll unsub I haven't worried about where he was for 4 months"

ParoDeeJay

This Space Intentionally Left Blank...
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Comedian
Same, after we returned from a long break. People "remembered" us, and them remembered that they no longer wanted to watch us, ha haaaa... I can't imagine that just doubling your number of video releases would cause people to unsub.

Reactions: WeiseGamer

WeiseGamer

Your #1 Source For Indie Gaming
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Same, after we returned from a long break. People "remembered" us, and them remembered that they no longer wanted to watch us, ha haaaa... I can't imagine that just doubling your number of video releases would cause people to unsub.
Yes, I would say the trend may have been caused by doubling the videos in their sub box to remind them they don't watch you anymore. Again not trying to be rude at all, its a thing that happens is all.

ParoDeeJay

This Space Intentionally Left Blank...
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Comedian
Yes, I would say the trend may have been caused by doubling the videos in their sub box to remind them they don't watch you anymore. Again not trying to be rude at all, its a thing that happens is all.
Wow, that's a crazy phenomenon that I never expected. :D Personally, I'd think "oh boy, I like this person... now they have twice the videos for me to watch!" But I guess I see the point... now you give them two chances a week to re-evaluate their choice to sub you. That's sooo weird!!

Reactions: LifeAsJenny

LifeAsJenny

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I never really thought of it that way. I never had this problem before. I thought it was maybe because i was uploading 2 times a week or maybe my videos sucked. I know i need to work on my videos to improve. Thanks for the feedback everyone. :)

xingcat

Be good to self.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
It's kind of hard to understand, but think of it as "I forgot I was even subbed to them, I should clear up my feed since I don't watch their stuff anymore anyway."
WeiseGamer is wise! That sounds like exactly what's going on. That's one of the reasons I think it's important to consistently upload.

Reactions: WeiseGamer

Lrulesok

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey I know the feeling of losing subscribers I have lost over 100 since the start of 2016. Just keep doing what your doing and the subs will start to rise again.

LifeAsJenny

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
@Lrulesok Ya it's not easy. I had someone tell me my videos where bad so that's why i though originally i was loosing subscribers.