Need advice on channel name copyright issues

KalEl

Reaction score
Hi everyone.
Just made an account on this site because i'm curious if a particular channel name would get me copyright issues.

I play Fortnite, and my in-game name is "KalElWayne91" and i'd like to use this name for my youtube channel name.
Problem is, Kal El is the name of Superman, and Wayne is Batman's last name, both characters owned by DC Comics/Warner Brothers.

My question is: Do youtube channel names get copyright issues if the name is owned by a company? Even if the channel content isn't related to those properties at all?

2 big youtubers come to mind: Vegetta777 (name owned by Toei Animation) and Superwoman (owned by DC Comics). These are big youtubers with tens of millions of views.

Thanks in advance!

MyLumoLife

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I seriously doubt 'KalElWayne91' will be an issue. If your channel name is 'Dc Comics' or 'Warner Brothers', those companies will no doubt intervene because you are clearly not 'Dc Comics' or 'Warner Brothers' and should not be presenting as such.

But no company will care about random combinations of fictional names for a YouTube channel that is unrelated to the names.

Base

Reaction score
I seriously doubt 'KalElWayne91' will be an issue. If your channel name is 'Dc Comics' or 'Warner Brothers', those companies will no doubt intervene because you are clearly not 'Dc Comics' or 'Warner Brothers' and should not be presenting as such.

But no company will care about random combinations of fictional names for a YouTube channel that is unrelated to the names.
I think the same beacause 'KalElWayne91' is not trademark