Need advice for channel

officialjhalli

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi guys,

This happened to me recently. Somebody commented on one of my videos and subscribed to my channel and asked me to have a look at their channel.
I did look at their channel and although the channel had only a couple of videos, I subscribed for support and also suggested some video ideas. But, the next day I see that they have unsubscribed from my channel.

I don't do sub for sub, but I was trying to be genuine.
What should I do? I do not feel nice about these tricks.

Thanks guys... :)

Hazzador

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
How do you know it was them who unsubscribed? If you are sure it was that person I would unsub to them. They probably didn't like your videos in the first place, and just used you to get their sub count up. People like that don't deserve more channel traffic

Reactions: Ciarra deBritto

officialjhalli

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
How do you know it was them who unsubscribed? If you are sure it was that person I would unsub to them. They probably didn't like your videos in the first place, and just used you to get their sub count up. People like that don't deserve more channel traffic
I know it was them because, they commented on my video and I saw them in the subscribers list yesterday. Only one person has unsubscribed from my channel and I don't see them in the subscribers list anymore. So...

Ciarra deBritto

Bringing your imagination to life.
Reaction score
A lot of people do that shady stuff. I hate it. Whenever someone comments and then follows with a "you should check out my stuff too!" I usually ignore it since they are only commenting to get your attention, get you to subscribe, and then have that be the end of it.

Just unsubscribe from the dude, he's aiming for sub4sub which is a horrible way to grow his channel. d:

Reactions: Colormyfootsteps

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
(moved to the strat forum)

Brodie

YTTalk Shape Shifter
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director, Comedian, Designer
This kind of thing happens from time to time, you can stay subscribed or not it won't really do much but just watch out for that kind of stuff happening in the future. Don't feel obligated to subscribe ;) I only really bother if the person has content that I'm genuinely interested.

Reactions: Colormyfootsteps

Colormyfootsteps

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I've had this happen to me before. It is annoying. I think everyone is different on what they would do but personally I would unsubscribe to them. They came to you with the offer and then broke their end for their own gain. Don't take it too personal (even though it sucks).

Franklin

Yugituber
Reaction score
Website
awesomecardgames.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
This is a cheat tactic by mediocre YouTubers. I ignore most of these comments from random people. I only sub for sub if a person has many videos and will chat with me about ideas. This has only happen twice. Don't expect most of these people to be honest.