My video got blocked on YouTube

DaveOnPC

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hello fellas,
today I realized that one of my videos from Far Cry Primal got blocked on YouTube because copyrighted material - exactly the cut scene when you firstly meet Tensay. I was wondering that the copyright is claimed not by Ubisoft but somebody called Telly Bytes. Anyway I really do not think that I broke any of Ubisoft's rules but before I open dispute on YouTube I will really appreciate if anybody could give me some tips - surely I'm not a lawyer so I'm not 100% sure that I'm right.

Thank you in advance.

Dave

Vlodril

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
You should dispute everything anyway since i dont think you lose anything by doing so. If i remember correctly ubisoft is one of the companies that has given permission for the monetisation of their games (that doesnt cover most music in their games though as with every other company that licences music from 3rd parties for their games).

I am not familliar with the specific scene though. Is it a song? or a visual match?

Edited to add i am not finding anything on them btw so who knows maybe its a troll.

Shakycow

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
What exactly did the notifying email say?

Cut scenes and game trailers are typically picked up by ContentID.

DaveOnPC

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Actually it just got blocked and it said only who claims the copyright. There was no music in the cutscene just one person speaking. Anyway I deleted the video yesterday, edited it and reuploaded, but next time I will open dispute. Thank you for advices! :)