My friend doesn't edit their videos?

Werppeoo

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I have a friend who makes gaming videos, and he doesn't edit the videos. Seriously, he posts forty minute videos in Overwatch, in which the only cuts are of queue times. I can't stand to watch unedited videos like that, it drives me crazy. I've asked him why, and he said he doesn't need to edit them because he's funny enough on his own. Anyone else met anyone like that?

Reactions: S_Mielz

iMSaiyan

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
If he is cutting the queue time then it essentially is editing, just not heavy editing and or good editing. Still editing though.

Werppeoo

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
If he is cutting the queue time then it essentially is editing, just not heavy editing and or good editing. Still editing though.
Fair enough. It's just odd to me, there are long parts of constant silence, option changing, stuff like that. I just wonder why not cut that out? It just seems to slow the video down, overall losing people's interest.

iMSaiyan

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Fair enough. It's just odd to me, there are long parts of constant silence, option changing, stuff like that. I just wonder why not cut that out? It just seems to slow the video down, overall losing people's interest.
Then he's the one who's going to be suffering from them views and subs!

Switchbox

Give me your food
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Gamer, Commentator, Other
I don't see any problems with that if that is what he enjoys doing.
I prefer to watch long full let's plays (as long as they are keeping my attention) rather than very edited videos.

GBeeTV

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Don't worry about someone else bro, do you. Kwebbelkop and Vikstar also don't edit their vids and although they are crazily popular I can't stand watching them. Most of my work goes into editing my gaming video's.

Werppeoo

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Don't worry about someone else bro, do you. Kwebbelkop and Vikstar also don't edit their vids and although they are crazily popular I can't stand watching them. Most of my work goes into editing my gaming video's.
I know, just a topic of discussion

adams eats

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
It's actually very hubris of him to assume he's funny enough to allow what is basically laziness in my view. Even the biggest comedians in the world wouldn't dream of letting out unedited footage on a dvd! What about all the dead space, mess ups etc? If I didn't edit my videos they would be far too long and boring. I mean who wants to watch me stir a pot of sauce for 20 minutes

Pheelyks

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
There's many YouTubers like that. I've seen plenty that upload long, barely edited videos for one reason or the other. There's also some that upload short, unedited videos. I'm guessing the second type does so in order to have more videos to upload.