My best videos FLOP and my worst videos go VIRAL??

phillyB

Reaction score
Okay does anyone else find the algorithm to be almost entirely backwards and upside down?

To start off i have created and posted well over 400 videos on my channel, so i am more than familiar with how things work.

I can NOT explain why stuff like this happens.

The best video i ever made on my channel FLOPS and gets literally no views, even though its the best content on my entire channel, even my subscribers agree.

The worst video on my channel goes VIRAL, this video is so bad it doesn't even fit the video border on youtube, the audio is cut out in many parts of the video the quality is horrible and thats saying something coming from me the creator of the video and channel.

SO WHAT IS GOING ON HERE??

How does youtube make that video viral and not make 100x better videos of mine perfom better than that tird or a video.

The algorithm is absolutely horrible and has to be the most inaccurate thing ever added to youtube, if thats how it ranks videos it honestly makes itself look bad.

There is no quality control.

Anyone care to share their similar experiences, or answers as to why this happens so often?

Is it better to make horrible quality videos? That way they do well?

It sure seems that way...

Reactions: Pro Kie

mirrorlessNY(youtuber)

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Hi, welcome to the forum & congrats on 1st post. It's probably that viewers in general like watching it for some reason so YouTube recognizes it & promotes.

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
That's how the Internet works lol. I feel like my worst videos -- the ones I hesitated to post because I thought they were so bad -- all end up with the most views. When I actually try to put something good together, it sits and sits. It really does make me question the "quality over quantity" debate. I'm starting to think the key is neither of those -- something else is going on, and it doesn't make much sense on the surface, but surely there's a logical explanation somewhere lol. I'm guessing it might have something to do with maintaining a high amount of relatability to a target audience, but I'm not sure.