Music Musician YouTuber Community

MattyGreen

Music and Mess...
Hey everyone!

I have an idea to propose to all musicians.

I want to set up a Skype group/community for the musicians here. I hope it grows into a tight knit group of creators with the goal of supporting each other. The great thing about music is that everything is different and it means that none of us are competing with each other and therefore there's nothing but benefits to helping each other! Right, if you're interested I'm going to list out why you'd wanna join followed by the requirements.

Music Support:
We're creators and as creators we run into problems, this can be anything from not knowing how to make your new Midi keyboard work to deciding what song you want to cover next. With this group we can all help each other in all aspects of the creative process.

As well as support in the creative aspects we can help each other with the YouTube side of everything. For example, helping with ideas for music videos or where to effectively promote yourself. We'll also be there for each other when things get tough. Given how much opinion is involved in music we'll all eventually get people criticizing or trolling, when this happens the group will be there for support from the darker side of everything.

You'll also be able to receive honest feedback on your projects. Say you have a new track and aren't sure if you've got the mix right or you've made a video and can't decide whether or not the angle is good. You'll be able to upload unlisted and get an honest opinion before you release.

Easy collaborations. Since it'll be an area for musicians we'll all have access to people making music and this means we'll be able to easily collaborate with each other. Say someone needs a guitar solo or a vocalist wants to write a song. You can connect here and go from there!

Friendship:
The most important aspect of this for me is making connections and create strong friendships between ourselves. We'll be able to talk about anything, discuss opinions on new albums, new shows and so on! I'm hoping it grows into a strong community!

If all this sounds good, then here are the very few requirements:
  1. Be a Musician creating music on YouTube. This can be anything from only doing vocal/guitar covers to making full on music videos.
  2. It doesn't matter how many Subscribers you have. 0 to 1'000'000'000, you're all welcome!
  3. Be active and willing to talk new people and make friends.
  4. If you make remixes then you can join. If you upload other peoples music, unaltered but 10 hours long (for example) then you cannot.
  5. Just be nice, approachable and reasonable.
  6. This will be for YouTubers only so you can't invite your fans into it.
I will be the deciding factor in any disputes that happen and hold the right to kick people if necessary, however it shouldn't ever come to that if people are nice!

If that all sounds good, reply below and I'm message you the link to join!

Have a great day! :)

Sounds amazing! The key to growing is to have a strong community around you. You see it with all the big YouTube vloggers & musicians, all reposting each other's content, cross-promoting and growing together with help from each other. Give me the link please! :D

Sounds amazing! The key to growing is to have a strong community around you. You see it with all the big YouTube vloggers & musicians, all reposting each other's content, cross-promoting and growing together with help from each other. Give me the link please! :D
Exactly and that's what I want to build for all of us! I'll send you the link :)

I'd be interested in this :D
The channel linked on my profile isn't my music channel. I wanted to be based on gaming at the start, but after a lot of thinking, that isn't really where I want to go. I have another channel where I'm planning on uploading guitar covers :)

Back