multiple channels or just 1

dave m

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi, new creator, I have 4 different ideas for a channel , is there a way to create 1 main channel with 4 sub-channels under the main ? Or do I need 4 completely separate channels.
I'd prefer just 1 main channel to optimize the number of views

Marcolex

Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
Hi, new creator, I have 4 different ideas for a channel , is there a way to create 1 main channel with 4 sub-channels under the main ? Or do I need 4 completely separate channels.
I'd prefer just 1 main channel to optimize the number of views
Hi, if you are going to promote your channels, consider that for 1 theme is better to create 1 channel. I.e. if you have 4 different thematics, it's better to make a separate channel for each. In this case search algorythms of YT could be able to define the relevance of your channel to someone's search request. In case you open 1 channel for differnet themes, YT might be confused. Exception is, I think, for a general news/media channel. In that case it might worth to create 1 channel for all.

Remington

Reaction score
Greetings,

While it's technically possible to have a primary channel with multiple sub-channels, it's not customary on YouTube, and it might be challenging for your viewers to navigate between the sub-channels.

Furthermore, each of your four ideas possibly has a distinct target audience, and having them together on one channel might cause mixed messages and reduce engagement. By dividing them into separate channels, you can customize the content catering to each audience's preferences, making it more enjoyable and relevant to them.

However, maintaining multiple channels requires greater effort in terms of creating and maintaining each channel. You'll need to come up with unique content ideas, establish a community, and promote each channel independently. Despite this, if you have the time and resources, it could be advantageous in the long run.

In terms of increasing viewership, having a specific and unambiguous niche for each channel can assist in attracting more viewers. People find it easier to locate your content when they know precisely what to anticipate from your channel.

Reactions: Marcolex

Esmeraldosmdn

Reaction score
Where is moderator??
It is about advertisement on your website.
Thanks.

JohnnieWet

Reaction score
You are mistaken. I can defend the position. Write to me in PM, we will communicate.

ssa1s