Multi-Platform Promotion: Bitchute and LBRY?

ThriftyAV

I launched ThriftyAV on two other platforms about a month ago, Bitchute and LBRY. I've gotten respectable views on those other platforms, but minimal subscriber counts. I have noticed an uptick on Youtube subscribers, and I think folks might be watching my content on those other platforms, then subscribing on YouTube, but it's hard to tell from the analytics.

Regardless, I think it's a good idea for my brand to be multi-platform. Facebook, twitter, and https://thriftyav.com were launched with my channel. I later added Instagram and even Tiktok. However,launching on Bitchute and LBRY feels a bit different, as these are viable alternatives to YouTube for full length videos.

Another concern is monetization. My YouTube channel is monetized. LBRY monetization is crypto-based and relies on "tips". Bitchute has no monetization.

I'm wondering if any other YTTalk members have tried these alternate video hosting services, and what their impression is. Can they be used to build a brand? Will they help or hinder your YouTube performance?

I just share YouTube videos on twitter, also promote on Instagram & Facebook

can put an approximate number on like additional +2 to the daily average of 5 subscribers?
In the 28 days prior to joining the other platforms, I gained 137 subs. This is about 4.8 per day.
In the 28 days after joining the other platforms, I gained 204 subs. This is about 7.3 per day.

This represents a 49% increase in new subs. It may be natural channel growth with more folks staying home and watching YouTube, but I have never seen this kind of jump from month to month since joining YouTube. That is why I am attributing at least part of it to exposure on LBRY and Bitchute.

In the 28 days prior to joining the other platforms, I gained 137 subs. This is about 4.8 per day.
In the 28 days after joining the other platforms, I gained 204 subs. This is about 7.3 per day.

This represents a 49% increase in new subs. It may be natural channel growth with more folks staying home and watching YouTube, but I have never seen this kind of jump from month to month since joining YouTube. That is why I am attributing at least part of it to exposure on LBRY and Bitchute.

How do you keep track of new subs of the last 28 days compared to the 28 days before? Is that through the desktop version of analytics?
And how do you keep track of changes you've made, in order to see their impact on your subs and other stats?
I'd love to see what planning a livestream or promotion to my students does to my subs, but most of my actions are rather...disorganized and spontaneous? so it's hard to get a grip on it.

I would love to know what works and what doesn't and do it in an organized way

How do you keep track of new subs of the last 28 days compared to the 28 days before? Is that through the desktop version of analytics?
And how do you keep track of changes you've made, in order to see their impact on your subs and other stats?
I'd love to see what planning a livestream or promotion to my students does to my subs, but most of my actions are rather...disorganized and spontaneous? so it's hard to get a grip on it.

I would love to know what works and what doesn't and do it in an organized way

With desktop analytics, you can set any date range you want to look at statistics. I am low-tech with some of my "personal changes". I keep a small notebook by my computer, and if I change a title, thumbnail, or do some unusual promotion, I will jot down a quick note with the date and time. This way I can access when I made a change later and see how it affected my analytics.

b***h Ute means something very different here in Australia....

Maybe it's an industry thing or a youth thing but I'd not heard of either bitchute or LBRY before.
I just saw that bitchute is a video content platform but I can't figure out what LBRY actually is / does....

As far as I can see the BULK of content of bitchute appears to be conspiracy theory stuff, some racist stuff, extreme left and extreme right politics, incitement to violence etc
I'd think very carefully before associating my 'brand' with that platform.

Just my $0.02.

With desktop analytics, you can set any date range you want to look at statistics. I am low-tech with some of my "personal changes". I keep a small notebook by my computer, and if I change a title, thumbnail, or do some unusual promotion, I will jot down a quick note with the date and time. This way I can access when I made a change later and see how it affected my analytics.
Thanks for answering, this is very useful! Sometimes low-tech is the best way ^^

I'd think very carefully before associating my 'brand' with that platform.
Just my $0.02.

Do you have a reddit account? There are some extremist subreddits on that platform. This does not make all reddit users guilty by association.

I do not endorse the flat-earthers, conspiracy theorists, and political extremists on any of the platforms where I post my content... And if you look, you can find extremists and oddballs on ALL the platforms, including YouTube. This would be a different story if I liked, subscribed, or commented on any of that stuff, but I don't, so I don't see how I am guilty by association. Maybe if more sane content creators contributed to alternative platforms, they might outperform the nut-cases that are currently so prevalent.

No I don't have a reddit account, nor am I saying that there's any guilt by association. Not by any means. Free speech and all that I have no issue with.

But some may perceive it that way. Mostly because (for me anyway) the first thing I see when I go to that site is pages of recommendations for exactly that kind of content.

I have a very small side business in a firearms advertising platform, so I'm conscious of the need to be careful about that kind of stuff given the oversight by authorities we are subject to here. (No I don't want to get into a debate of any kind about firearms or law LOL)

It's be nice if there was some sort of system where you could tick the types of content you like / don't like to act as a filter of what's shown.

In terms of monetization maybe it's time to consider seeking other avenues? Do you currently offer any merchandise or coaching services? Potentially a course? Sponsorships?

Back