Monetizing Review Videos

XtremeAaron

Does anyone have any tips on how to get monetization approved for app review videos? I have an android app review on my channel and it's very near 40k views, yet YouTube denied it when I did the upload process. This took place a while ago but I am working on a channel dedicated to app reviews.

For reference here is the video:

Thanks.

I have no idea why they would deny that vid. Seems legit to me.

Interesting app though. Does every car come with a connector like that somewhere? Or only specific brands?

North American cars 96 and newer have an OBD2 port, yes.

I thought the same thing. Any idea how I can rectify this and prevent it in the future? Maybe there's something I can put in the description?

You could ask Youtube why they declined it, but don't expect to get an answer :p. Didn't you get an e-mail stating some vague reason?

Yeah here it is:

At this time, we are unable to approve your video(s) for monetization because we do not have sufficient information regarding your commercial use rights. We may consider your video(s) for review provided you verify that you are authorized to commercially use all of the elements of your content. This includes video, images, music, video game footage, and any other audio or visual element.

Yeah here it is:

At this time, we are unable to approve your video(s) for monetization because we do not have sufficient information regarding your commercial use rights. We may consider your video(s) for review provided you verify that you are authorized to commercially use all of the elements of your content. This includes video, images, music, video game footage, and any other audio or visual element.
meaning you will have to get permission from all the copyright parties involve in the video which can be a hassle if your a small channel.

Back