Monetizing Dead Island: Riptide

Mad_Mike97

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hi,

I have recently uploaded Dead Island gameplay. I chose the monetization option whilst uploading. I then discovered, as soon as it was uploaded, it was claimed by a third party called "AdRev." I am wondering whether anyone else has had this problem. Are the developers (deep silver) actually paying these to do this, or is it a troll? Any advice/help/information is appreciated.

Many thanks,

Michael

Reactions: Crypt

Luis Patino

I don't know
Reaction score
Website
www.twitch.tv
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Gamer
Well, before monetizing ANY gameplay, you should make sure its okay. You have to check the company's website. They should tell you if its okay to monetize their games on YouTube. If its not on their website, they should have contact info that you can email to get permission. This is to be very sure of the fact that you are allowed to monetize, that way if you get flagged again, then you have the permission to back it up.

JosPlays

Just being AWESOME
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I thought we had some other topic about AdRev. here or it was on the RPM dashboard forum, but more people have a claim from AdRev recently on other games. I think it's a troll and you should counter claim the video if you have commentary and the video is made by you.

Reactions: Mad_Mike97

GamingHappens

HEY LOOK! a distraction!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
That's the thing you have to be careful when you record without a partnership you have to have rights to record certain games and when you press that monetization button you start making money off the videos and companies do have clips that youtube tries to match when it uploads your video so if there is a match it will be claimed and if you don't have rights well you really can't do much about it as for AdRev claiming it, it could be youtube doing that or it could be a person I know someone tried to claim one of my videos that I had full rights from the company to record heck I even talked to them frequently and I told them and they said that, that person had no rights towards there game and looking further in that was a known person simply trying to make money off other peoples channels so saying that look into it and see hope you have luck with it

Mad_Mike97

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Thanks for the replies. I have e-mailed Deep Silver, asking them about AdRev and also asking them for permission. If they reply with they have not heard of AdRev or use AdRev, then I will dispute. Again, many thanks for the replies. Much appreciated.

Reactions: Luis Patino

JosPlays

Just being AWESOME
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I just took a look for you at the RPM forum and someone got a copyright strike by AdRev on a CoD video, so I think this company just want to get some extra money on videos about new games. Their advise was to dispute.

Mad_Mike97

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Thank you JosTheReal for taking extra time to help me. I will dispute as it was commentated. I have also uploaded a non-commentated though, and I may have to take that one down, but I will dispute the commentated. Many thanks.

GamingHappens

HEY LOOK! a distraction!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Thanks for the replies. I have e-mailed Deep Silver, asking them about AdRev and also asking them for permission. If they reply with they have not heard of AdRev or use AdRev, then I will dispute. Again, many thanks for the replies. Much appreciated.
here's some advice if you would like to take it it's all up to you but when I started I thought that companies would be like awesome here's people wanting to advertise the game and show it off etc. But in the long run ive realized that, that is false their more for the bigger youtubers BUT I have found out though if you look at games produced by smaller companies that need the actual help they are always excited to help you out and let you record their games with no problems at all some examples for me are Gravi, Retrovirus, and even "blocks that matter" or even half life mods that are under valve because valve has no problem with monetization and such of their games its in there video policy. Hope this helped that is what ive learned so far from my experiences