Midroll ads - Changes

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Today, only videos longer than 10 minutes are eligible for mid-roll ads. Starting in late July, videos longer than 8 minutes will be eligible for mid-roll ads. As part of this change, mid-roll ads will be turned on for all eligible existing videos and future video uploads, including those videos where you may have previously opted out of mid-roll ads. Videos that already have mid-roll ads turned on will not be impacted. If mid-roll ads are not a good fit for your videos, you can indicate this preference in YouTube Studio by July 27, 2020.

Mid-roll ads will be automatically placed at natural breaks in your videos to balance viewer experience and monetization potential for you. After these changes, you will still be able to turn mid-rolls off or adjust the placement in each video manually.

Source: https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/6175006?hl=en

Thanks for posting. I was quite unprofessional and read the mail from YouTube only a bit and immediately concluded there will be changes for 8-10 minute videos, so ignored the rest :p Until yesterday when the complaints in comments began about the ads. I make workout videos and do have water breaks that allow for middrolls, but youtube just dropped 4 ads in the middle of exercises. So I had to un-midroll over 600 videos. My bad! :)

Back