Microphone help?

LifeWithKristen

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey guys!

Basically I currently own a canon 700D and I want to purchase a microphone because when I film I can hear background noise from my in built microphone and I don't know how to get rid of it.. Unless you guys know what I should do to fix, then I might not purchase a microphone.

If not I was wondering what microphones you would recommend to me that are good quality but affordable at the same time?

Please help me out if you can!

Kristen

Reactions: S_Mielz

S_Mielz

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
The Rode Videomics generally have good reviews. I haven't personally used one, but I've seen videos that use them and the background noise is minimal, and the vocal becomes clearer. You could get one for $100-$200!

Reactions: LifeWithKristen

Hi!MyNameIsJan

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Cartoonist
Play a bit with the settings.
My Mic had huge background noise because it was amplified by 20dB.
Maybe check your settings and turn the amplification down.

Reactions: LifeWithKristen

MattyGreen

Music and Mess...
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I use a Rode shotgun mic on my canon when I don't feel like recording audio externally. It works fine but if you want more control then look to getting a microphone to record seprate. So a blue yeti as a starting point and then work towards an interface with a Shure SM7B or Rode ND 1. It mostly depends on your time/money/effort you want to put in and finding the microphone that works best for you. There will be tons of reviews everywhere to help you find the one for your needs.

LifeWithKristen

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
The Rode Videomics generally have good reviews. I haven't personally used one, but I've seen videos that use them and the background noise is minimal, and the vocal becomes clearer. You could get one for $100-$200!
Yeah Rode microphones seem to be very popular, it may come down to me buying one of those.. Thank you for your help :)[DOUBLEPOST=1482537785,1482537741][/DOUBLEPOST]
Play a bit with the settings.
My Mic had huge background noise because it was amplified by 20dB.
Maybe check your settings and turn the amplification down.
Yeah I might play with the settings and see how I go.. Thank you for the advice :)[DOUBLEPOST=1482537879][/DOUBLEPOST]
I use a Rode shotgun mic on my canon when I don't feel like recording audio externally. It works fine but if you want more control then look to getting a microphone to record seprate. So a blue yeti as a starting point and then work towards an interface with a Shure SM7B or Rode ND 1. It mostly depends on your time/money/effort you want to put in and finding the microphone that works best for you. There will be tons of reviews everywhere to help you find the one for your needs.
Thanks for sharing your knowledge with me :) Always really helpful to hear a second opinion! Merry Christmas to you :)

Reactions: S_Mielz