Microphone for recording!

iTempoTV Lee

"That guy"
Hey guys I'm a gaming YouTuber and I'm looking to upgrade my microphone from a headset to a stand alone microphone. I was thinking of something like the Blue Yeti but this is quite pricey is there any alternatives to this? Thank you!

Hey guys I'm a gaming YouTuber and I'm looking to upgrade my microphone from a headset to a stand alone microphone. I was thinking of something like the Blue Yeti but this is quite pricey is there any alternatives to this? Thank you!
It may be pricey but if you plan on doing a gaming channel long term i would def go for that one, if you still cant afford that one at this point you could also go for the Blue Snowball Mic.

It may be pricey but if you plan on doing a gaming channel long term i would def go for that one, if you still cant afford that one at this point you could also go for the Blue Snowball Mic.
Couple of weeks and I will able to afford it but I was thinking is there another mic with the same specs but as a cheaper price from like Samsung or something? Thanks

Another mic that I know of that is pretty decent is the Samsun C01U but thats like $80 bucks, When it comes to mics for gaming commentary you should just buy one of these 3 because eventually you will need them so it would be pointless to buy a cheaper one to then upgrade

A lot of people talk abbout prices. pay for where you get your money from :) you can buy a cheap mic where it might break within the year ( build quality cheap) or a proper mic for 50 dollars and up which might last you longer :)) i mean, i got the SAMSON GO MIC - its small, portable and the sound is awesome. no background noise even though my pc fan on my laptop does make sound.

i know the blue yeti is famous because a lot of people use it, but its like beats by dr dre.. for the price they are not to good as there is better for the same value. always look around!

Dont be hesitant be part of a trend. be yourself and see what you can afford and then see what your best bet is.

hope this was helpfull :D

Hey iTempoTV Lee how are you doing bud? There's only one Mic comes into my mind; Blue Yeti. Serisouly you may think its way too expensive but I can asure you that after you've used it for the first time you will be amazed. The piece of equipment is amazing, there are 4 settings on the Mic along with "Gain" which is powerful. The higher the setting on "Gain" the longer range you can record from.

At first when I was messing around with the features I was able to record voices which were 30 yards away. (I'm not quite good with these measurements lols) There were some teenagers talking and I managed to capture their voice hehe :)

Amazing Mic to use for your YouTube videos.

TheFNetwork

Im not a gaming Youtuber, but I still use recording equipment such as my AKG Large diaphragm condenser mic. But u might just wanna get a blue yeti y'know, if you have the money...

I use the Samson c10u USB condenser microphone. Not exactly cheap, but it's worth the money.

The piece of equipment is amazing

The only thing that amazes me about the Yeti is how heavy the stupid thing is...

If you have enough money for a Yeti, there are better options.

Samson C01U
Audio Technica AT2020
MXL 990
Shure SM58
etc.etc.etc.etc.etc.etc.................

If going with an XLR mic instead of USB (XLR is superior for a few reasons), buy a small XLR to USB mixer for $20-$30 and you're all set.

Thanks everyone for their comments! I think i'll just wait a few weeks and get the Yeti, do you guys think i need a pop filter?

Back