Matched Third Party?

SlenderMan

I'M WATCHING YOU
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Director, Gamer, Commentator, Designer, Other
I know what is that means. There is a copyright content in the video but I want to ask something, is this will make my status from good to bad standing? Do I need to remove this video if I acknowledged it? (I don't monetize/claim the video)[DOUBLEPOST=1373125504,1373120242][/DOUBLEPOST]No one notice this thread?

Janet

Reaction score
I have 4 third party match videos that I have had on my account for years and have always been in good standing. I also make sure that none of them are monetized. I had one of my videos content claimed and they just monetized it for them and my account stayed in good standing. The video is still on my channel, but when it is viewed they get the money. Its more likely this would happen. If the owner of the content has the video pulled, then you get a strike, but you can have your account back to good standing again in six months as long as you do not get another strike. Now if I ever end up getting a video pulled, then I would probably go ahead and delete my third party matches to be safe.

SlenderMan

I'M WATCHING YOU
Reaction score
Channel Type
The one I get matched third party is gameplay of Super Hexagon. Many people make a video of it so I think I'm not the only one who has this problem. Anyway, thanks for information. I still want to wait for their replies, maybe it's helpful for me.

Kleineganz

Opinionated Vlogger and Gamer
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger, Gamer
I have one matched 3rd party content that I acknowledged and never monetized. I have 2 others that are *FALSE* claims and I refuse to acknowledge. They are falsely claimed by AdRev, who seems to think they actually own the copyright to music on the Sims 3 (really?!). If it was EA (Electronic Arts) claiming it, I'd acknowledge in a heartbeat, but I know AdRev is infamous for false claims. I've tried to fight it, but they keep insisting they own the rights so I just refuse to acknowledge their claim and neither of us can profit from the meager pennies those videos are making.

However even with all that, my account is still in good standing.

SlenderMan

I'M WATCHING YOU
Reaction score
Channel Type
I have acknowledged it. I will never monetize this video. I think someone wants to sabotage you. I don't know why Youtube accept AdRev that the music created by them.

Kleineganz

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger, Gamer
I have acknowledged it. I will never monetize this video. I think someone wants to sabotage you. I don't know why Youtube accept AdRev that the music created by them.
The entire ContentID system is automated. Rarely is there a human that looks at the disputes at all, and I can't get EA to intervene either. I even told EA I'd be happy to let them claim the 3rd party content if they wanted to. However because of these videos, I doubt any network will ever take me, even if I start getting more views - and I *refuse* to delete my videos on the principle of the matter. I will not let AdRev intimidate me.

JeriKane

s h o o k e t h
Reaction score
I have one, and it's a video my buddy made. I'm still in good standing, and I acknowledged it. If it's ever necessary, I'd take down the video. Besides that though, we're safe! :D

Crumble

Crumble the Plant lives in DAS BOOT
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Director, Vlogger, Gamer, Commentator
About half of my content on my solo channel have copyrighted songs on them, then i moved onto Vlogs.
Fullscreen already know about my copyrighted material and stated i could keep them up just don't enable them for money purposes and still invited me to join.

So don't worry, you'll be fine. ['=

Janet

Reaction score
The entire ContentID system is automated. Rarely is there a human that looks at the disputes at all, and I can't get EA to intervene either. I even told EA I'd be happy to let them claim the 3rd party content if they wanted to. However because of these videos, I doubt any network will ever take me, even if I start getting more views - and I *refuse* to delete my videos on the principle of the matter. I will not let AdRev intimidate me.
I truly think that the content claim against me was false too. I had 3 third party content videos on my channel for nearly 2 years before I got an email about being offered a partnership (one is from the flipshare software music choices). I still do not understand how my video was claimed, it was a video of pictures I own of me before and after weight loss, and I used the music youtube has available and I DID monetize it. All of a sudden once it got over 100 views I got an email someone claimed content and I could not understand why, but I was scared to question it. I dont know what I would do if I lost my youtube account, I have so many family memories on there that were from devices I no longer can access and I am not tech savvy. The only thing I can think is that some of those pictures I had posted in weight loss support forums were copied and someone saw an opportunity to claim my personal photos as their copyright.

Kleineganz

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger, Gamer
I truly think that the content claim against me was false too. I had 3 third party content videos on my channel for nearly 2 years before I got an email about being offered a partnership (one is from the flipshare software music choices). I still do not understand how my video was claimed, it was a video of pictures I own of me before and after weight loss, and I used the music youtube has available and I DID monetize it. All of a sudden once it got over 100 views I got an email someone claimed content and I could not understand why, but I was scared to question it. I dont know what I would do if I lost my youtube account, I have so many family memories on there that were from devices I no longer can access and I am not tech savvy. The only thing I can think is that some of those pictures I had posted in weight loss support forums were copied and someone saw an opportunity to claim my personal photos as their copyright.
Have you considered downloading a copy of the video and backing it up?