Mars by Gustav Holst, is it copyrighted?

ZtnelGame

Hey guys what's up,

Matt here, I just had a question, does anybody know if the song Mars by Gustav Holst is copyrighted? because some places I read it says yes, and other places I read and it says no. So I just wanted to make sure before I use it in the video and get hit with some sort of copyright violation!

Thanks,
Matthew "Ztnel" Lentz

Every creative product is copyrighted. Copyright is simply the right of a creator to claim their creation as their own. You write a little tune nobody has done before, you own that copyright.

Public copyright registries, trademark and all that are simply ways the legal system has established to provide a method for creators to protect their creations by being able to beyond a doubt, prove that they own the copyright.

The only exception is that copyright has an end-time, which differs by country. It tends to be around the 75-90 years after the death of the author kind of timeframe.

Hey guys what's up,

Matt here, I just had a question, does anybody know if the song Mars by Gustav Holst is copyrighted? because some places I read it says yes, and other places I read and it says no. So I just wanted to make sure before I use it in the video and get hit with some sort of copyright violation!

Thanks,
Matthew "Ztnel" Lentz

The Planet Suite sheet music is Public Domain if you record your own version or use someone's version that has dedicated to the public domain but with YT, Warner or one of the other massive companies will probably claim a copyright as they will probably have someone on their books with their own recording of the track which will obviously sound similar. It should be ok though, you might just have to go through the YT copyright vetting and provide the right evidence.

Back