Making Engaging Content

Reaction score
Alright I may be new here but I'm 100% sure this question has been asked before so I want to get a little more detailed with the question XD.

I have grown my channel quite a bit but I have noticed that my retention is Doo doo . I use analytics to see where I may have made mistakes that cause people to leave and I've have on ocassion found some evidence of things I was doing but more often than not there is nothing to go off. People are just leaving the video and I can't wrap my head around the cause.

So with that said is there anything you or anyone you know does to keep people glued to the video. A way of leading people or presenting content in a certain pattern that has a greater chance of maintaining our viewers attention over a longer period of time.

I ask this because I have found that even if the content is good it can have worse retention than an older video that was terrible so I believe there is more going on here than I am seeing.

xDoons

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Any YouTube guru a-hole will tell you the first 15 seconds is the most important lol. So I guess have the highlight, or a preview for the highlight to be displayed later in the first portion of the video, then give the introduction 15-20 seconds after because then you have the viewer more attentive on the video.
Also you could study your personal videos and find out the spots people click off in your video dashboard. Learn from experiences and improve it in the next video
Hope this helps :)

Reactions: NoobTubeGaming
Reaction score
Thanks a bunch for the for the insight it's really helpful. I'll take a closer look at my analytics

Fost

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Other
For me I watch my videos as a youtube watcher. So for me Im able to find mistakes or just unnecessary things that were kept in the video. So basically my thing is this if you can't chill for your own premiere by yourself the whole time your vid has mistakes.

Fost

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Other
Yeah most cases I blame it on being humble. If I think I did a vid 100% perfect Id probably go to school for it lol