Making a living out of YouTube

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Does anyone know if there's any partners making enough money through Adsense to live on what they make?

I find this quite interesting to learn and I am sure there's people here that would be too, who wouldn't want live off making videos and be self employed in an industry/hobby we all love?

So as the title says, does anyone know anyone on YouTube that makes enough to live on? Is it even possible?

My Favorite YouTube make a living on their videos!

They're called Ty and Gray!, they do a vlog channel, as well as a few separate channels each!

Their Joint Channel
Ty and Gray's Daily Vlogs - HERE

Ty's Channels:
TysiPhoneHelp - HERE
Tyonthafly - HERE
TyPlaysGames - HERE
TyisTech - HERE

Gray's Channels:
PirateGray - HERE
Hottgamerchick - HERE
(She also has another one, but I don't know how to spell it!)

Video views: Youtube partners
will make in the range of $2.5 to $5 per 1000 video views The
most popular stars will earn $5 per 1000 views. This can really
add up if you have 1 million views per video. Nigahiga for
example, will earn $5000 per video they put up. This range can
vary depending on number of advertising clicks.
Channel views: A youtube partner will make $.01 per channel
view. If a channel has 1,000,000 channel views, the person will
make $10,000.

:)

You don´t even have to be a "big YouTuber" to make a living off your income from YouTube.

Examples:
1 dollar for every 1.000 views
10 dollars for every 10.000 views
100 dollars for every 100.000 views
1.000 dollars for every 1.000.000 views

That is an estimate of the lowest income a partnered adsense user can get. If you become popular even in a miniscule way you get more than 1 dollar, there have been leaked reports of up to 7 dollars per 1.000 views *cough* RWJ *cough*

And that is not including the income from extra things such as T-Shirts, iTunes(if you are a musician with original content) and lastly Product Placement which is only available for YouTube partners (legally, but many do it without partnership but risk future partnership with YouTube)

A month: Considering low level partnership at 1 dollar per 1k views
5 T-Shirts sold = 25 dollars (5 dollars is your end from a 20 dollar T-Shirt)
100 tracks sold on iTunes = 100 dollars (each song about 99 cents)
4 product placements = 400 dollars (4 different placements, one for each week...this parameter can be much higher depending fully on corporate deals you can get)
14 videos with an average of 10k views each = 140 dollars (Uploading every other day)
Total = 665 Dollars

That is a very rough estimate but non-the-less those are figures we are seeing from people...

Jonathan

You don´t even have to be a "big YouTuber" to make a living off your income from YouTube.

Examples:
1 dollar for every 1.000 views
10 dollars for every 10.000 views
100 dollars for every 100.000 views
1.000 dollars for every 1.000.000 views

That is an estimate of the lowest income a partnered adsense user can get. If you become popular even in a miniscule way you get more than 1 dollar, there have been leaked reports of up to 7 dollars per 1.000 views *cough* RWJ *cough*

And that is not including the income from extra things such as T-Shirts, iTunes(if you are a musician with original content) and lastly Product Placement which is only available for YouTube partners (legally, but many do it without partnership but risk future partnership with YouTube)

A month: Considering low level partnership at 1 dollar per 1k views
5 T-Shirts sold = 25 dollars (5 dollars is your end from a 20 dollar T-Shirt)
100 tracks sold on iTunes = 100 dollars (each song about 99 cents)
4 product placements = 400 dollars (4 different placements, one for each week...this parameter can be much higher depending fully on corporate deals you can get)
14 videos with an average of 10k views each = 140 dollars (Uploading every other day)
Total = 665 Dollars

That is a very rough estimate but non-the-less those are figures we are seeing from people...

Jonathan

What is "product placement" is that paid reviews of products or something?

It all sounds rather tempting :D

What is "product placement" is that paid reviews of products or something?

It all sounds rather tempting :D
Product Placement can be various things

1. Review a product (positively haha)
2. Name the product in your video, say how good it is
3. Have the product somewhere in your video, you don´t even need to acknowledge it
4. Get paid in the form of products. Say you are a musician, you get a new instrument, that instrument is free because you use it in your videos = product placement

Like for instance, I said the name of my new light source "Profoto" in one or two of my Vlogs, that is product placement and endorsement (I did not get paid for it though awww haha)

And yes, it´s all very tempting, many people start using YouTube because of how high the income can potentially be. Most of those people give up in less than 3 months because they want it to happen right away, don´t work on their content, think they can monetize lip sync cover videos and what not... But for the creative and dedicated it´s a real possibility!

Jonathan

Back