Making a Jump.. Fitness/Health Vloggers, Need Help Here!

DawgethPlays

YTtalk Mad
Recently I've been sort of "burned out" in the world of Gaming. Not so much that I don't enjoy doing it - I do, and I do it every day.. However, out of necessity for my health, my future, and being around for my children I've decided to take my nights, previously spent recording, editing, playing etc, and put it towards researching ways to make myself more healthy.

While I plan on continuing to record and release a couple series on my channel, I've decided to focus a lot of my energy into a Journal/Blog of my Weight Loss journey - as well as a channel focused on it as well, for vlogs, product reviews, exercise plans, etc.. And instead of putting this on my main channel, I've decided to "wipe the slate clean" and start new - slowing down my main channel, and spinning up this new "main" channel.

This is something I'm incredibly passionate about - and through the blog, vlogs, and various other things - I'd like to create accountability in what I've dubbed - "Fat Dad's Journey - For My Kids, For My Future".

I've created my first "Vlog", Setup my first blogs, and have started working on the art for both my channel and the site. I've got a plan all lined up, schedule, etc.. However, I'm at a loss in one thing.

I have no idea how to market, advertise, push my "product" .. aka .. big fat dad losing weight, haha. For those that Vlog, do health and fitness stuff, or even folks that have done the weight loss thing in the past.. how do you market your content?

tl;dr: I'm a fat guy, Im losing weight and doing it publicly to create accountabiltiy for myself - and hopefully inspire others. How do I market/publicize/create awareness for this new venture.. as I've only marketed game content before.
 
*rubs hands together* FINALLY something I can really help with! (most of the questions here are gaming related and I have zero understanding of that)

I do have a fitness channel that's really small, but I did work as a personal trainer and as an online marketer, I have a lot of clients that are in the fitness industry.

Transformation videos are by far one of the best ways to get the most views, but while you're on your journey make sure to document everything, especially while its working. Share your recipes, workouts, supplements, how you're staying motivated, etc. Make sure to also share your reviews that you do with the companies/people you used because they are most likely to share it. For example, I did Shortcut to Size by Jim Stoppani and he followed me then tweeted out my blog/video to his about 50K followers.

The market for weight loss is huge and just creating the content alone will get eyeballs. You want to share every step of the way so people can get inspired and follow in your footsteps. Also, talk about your big "why" with your viewers. Many people can relate to getting healthy/fit for their family and will join you on your mission.

Just make sure to connect with other people in the fitness industry: comment on YouTube videos, talk on Twitter, Instagram everything (Instagram is huge for fitness marketing), and above all encourage other people to get healthy as well.

That was long, but hopefully that made some kind of sense. Let me know if you have any other questions and congrats on starting your journey! It's always an amazing ride.
 
Moved this here for you :)

Sorry about that! :redface:


This is what I was hoping to see - thanks so much for replying!

- I've been meaning to do daily photos of myself. I'm 2 weeks in - won't hurt to start doing this now. That way, I can track the way I look along the way, posting them on the blog, in a video, and on Instragram (Time to learn how to Instagram I spose)
- I'm taking a lot of supplements from Complete Nutrition - I'll make sure to review each of the pills I'm taking, post them, and reach out to the company.
- Weight Loss is huge - definitely, and I'm hoping to reach the groups looking. I've had a few Youtubers inspire this desire/passion for losing this weight... I hope maybe I can pay it forward.
- Re-iterate, I need to learn Instagram :P

That was very helpful, thank you so much. I was curious, do you know where I could post my videos, reach out to communities, etc? For game plays and stuff, I had a huge list of Forums, Reddit, etc, that I could post to... Right now, this is my only source! :P
 
Absolutely!
The best best best fitness forum is Bodyspace which is like the free fitness community through Bodybuilding(.com). It's a huge community of really supportive people and it gives you the opportunity to also track all of your workouts/meal plans/measurements. It's a really really cool site and I would highly recommend it!

Bodybuilding(.com) also has a bunch of fitness forums, but depending on the forum they can be hyper "bro" like and aggressive, so I'd say stick to Bodyspace for awhile. But once you have your transformation, definitely post that absolutely everywhere!
 
Absolutely!
The best best best fitness forum is Bodyspace which is like the free fitness community through Bodybuilding(.com). It's a huge community of really supportive people and it gives you the opportunity to also track all of your workouts/meal plans/measurements. It's a really really cool site and I would highly recommend it!

Bodybuilding(.com) also has a bunch of fitness forums, but depending on the forum they can be hyper "bro" like and aggressive, so I'd say stick to Bodyspace for awhile. But once you have your transformation, definitely post that absolutely everywhere!

Instagram? Check!
Forums bookmarked? Check!

Thanks so much, I really appreciate your help.
 
Back
Top